Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Thoughts on Mirage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Ok, I don't make many comments on worlds, but this one has brought it out of me. I don't mind that the mobs were overpowered with damage boosts, and I really don't mind that they received a dramatic life boost or shadow magic either, but to give them all those at once is going a little far.
They jumped mirage to far past Polaris, those kinds of enhancements should have been progressed into the next worlds, not all at once.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the challenge. but I've watched many people fold up and quit already due to this despite my arguments that they should stay.
KI did a wonderful job with the visuals and storyline in this world, some of the dialogue is amusing. but in the battle department, they have made a epic fail. My ice managed this world with a bit of effort and only being defeated twice, my storm on the other hand, well, there are many battles when he was beat in the second round.
I have no comment on the bosses, even the cheats are fairly manageable, but those mobs need a toning down.
Even though I consider myself a solo player, if I run into problems I try and ask for help, but I've noticed even in this world, that with help, groups are still getting beat by the mobs.
Oh and one more truly and huge dramatic fail KI has managed in this world, why would you go to all the trouble to introduce new reagents and a crafting level, and only give one vendor with mediocre weapons and a housing item? Where are all the crafting vendors, why are you not putting crafting in these worlds anymore, even housing items would be worth it, but you haven't even done that. This is now 2 worlds with a lack of crafting and you have disappointed me.
Folks, these statements are not a complaint, these are just things that I have seen and witnessed with mirage. Odds are KI will not care in the least what I have wrote on here.
I usually hang out in caravan (realm kelvin)now to help any who ask, and many have done so already. if you need help, please ask, I'm happy to assist.

120 Joshua Frostblade
119 Joshua Stormblade

Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
Mirage equals tension headaches and high blood pressure for me. I'm an adult player who mostly has to solo as the majority of my friends quit with the critical uproar of Polaris. The rest of them, I never see on anymore. Team up is failing me as I rarely find a team with it. I have decent gear and I once had good healing pets till they nerfed the heals right out of them. My own kids quit the game and moved onto something more "fun" to them. I don't believe the game is really "family" oriented anymore. It is more in support of hardcore players now and that is fine if that is what they prefer.

I found the mobs were ok to deal with except the Caterwall canyon cat mobs. My character died so many times from critical natural attacks, it's not even funny.

What I really hate are those minions with the cheating bosses. Where all your pips go to healing yourself because the pets don't heal anymore. I rarely block criticals anymore. I rarely critical anymore but hey, as long as the enemy does, everything must be great. I could put up shields but heck, why do if you can be punished for it. Traps? that can get you in trouble too sometimes. Blades?, the same. Conviction? well you could easily get killed
in that one extra round you gotta waste putting it up. But hey as long as the enemies can do all that, things must be working out alright. If I end up killing the minion and then later get killed by the boss, I have to start all over again with a brand new minion in the fight. So with that in mind I am going to have to stop my sub when iy runs out next month. It's sad cause I like Mirage, the story, the art,and all else about it.

I don't have the tension or the stress when I am not playing.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
Lucky Wizard on Dec 26, 2016 wrote:
Mirage equals tension headaches and high blood pressure for me. I'm an adult player who mostly has to solo as the majority of my friends quit with the critical uproar of Polaris. The rest of them, I never see on anymore. Team up is failing me as I rarely find a team with it. I have decent gear and I once had good healing pets till they nerfed the heals right out of them. My own kids quit the game and moved onto something more "fun" to them. I don't believe the game is really "family" oriented anymore. It is more in support of hardcore players now and that is fine if that is what they prefer.

I found the mobs were ok to deal with except the Caterwall canyon cat mobs. My character died so many times from critical natural attacks, it's not even funny.

What I really hate are those minions with the cheating bosses. Where all your pips go to healing yourself because the pets don't heal anymore. I rarely block criticals anymore. I rarely critical anymore but hey, as long as the enemy does, everything must be great. I could put up shields but heck, why do if you can be punished for it. Traps? that can get you in trouble too sometimes. Blades?, the same. Conviction? well you could easily get killed
in that one extra round you gotta waste putting it up. But hey as long as the enemies can do all that, things must be working out alright. If I end up killing the minion and then later get killed by the boss, I have to start all over again with a brand new minion in the fight. So with that in mind I am going to have to stop my sub when iy runs out next month. It's sad cause I like Mirage, the story, the art,and all else about it.

I feel your pain! Dworgen, on another thread in this section ("Please tone down the mobs"), has said that KI will look at the difficulty of Mirage in 2017. This is the first time that I have ever seen a KI employee respond on the boards about this problem. Even with the hue and cry when Azteca first came out they never said a thing. I am hoping that this means that it will get better for the target audience in the world of Mirage, and also future worlds.

I had almost deleted everything and uninstalled, but I will stay until my friends decide to quit. I have a hard time making new friends in this game because they all seem to want something (crown items, or they treat me like their personal servant). They get immediately deleted. I don't have time for that garbage So I just run with the few friends I have left. So many people are in my boat. I really hope KI can do something for these players. Since the target audience is families, that means a varied amount of playing styles and abilities. Also, it means for busy adults who work or go to school.

I also liked Mirage a lot. The story and quests were great. I love how we can get better rewards for badges now by helping out the factions. The only complaint that I have is with the hard hits of those mobs and lack of crafted gear. I really worry about my future game play if I cannot craft some good stuff. I am not a farmer. To me that is tedious and headache producing. I play to have fun, if its not fun I don't do it.

We really do need a solo mode in this game, whether its a difficulty scale somehow, or easier story mode and tough side dungeons. WoW does the latter. I have soloed in WoW up to level 100 where I stopped because of expense. Its sad when I find that game easier than a game geared toward families.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2011
Black Pearl on Dec 26, 2016 wrote:
I feel your pain! Dworgen, on another thread in this section ("Please tone down the mobs"), has said that KI will look at the difficulty of Mirage in 2017. This is the first time that I have ever seen a KI employee respond on the boards about this problem. Even with the hue and cry when Azteca first came out they never said a thing. I am hoping that this means that it will get better for the target audience in the world of Mirage, and also future worlds.

I had almost deleted everything and uninstalled, but I will stay until my friends decide to quit. I have a hard time making new friends in this game because they all seem to want something (crown items, or they treat me like their personal servant). They get immediately deleted. I don't have time for that garbage So I just run with the few friends I have left. So many people are in my boat. I really hope KI can do something for these players. Since the target audience is families, that means a varied amount of playing styles and abilities. Also, it means for busy adults who work or go to school.

I also liked Mirage a lot. The story and quests were great. I love how we can get better rewards for badges now by helping out the factions. The only complaint that I have is with the hard hits of those mobs and lack of crafted gear. I really worry about my future game play if I cannot craft some good stuff. I am not a farmer. To me that is tedious and headache producing. I play to have fun, if its not fun I don't do it.

We really do need a solo mode in this game, whether its a difficulty scale somehow, or easier story mode and tough side dungeons. WoW does the latter. I have soloed in WoW up to level 100 where I stopped because of expense. Its sad when I find that game easier than a game geared toward families.
I totally agree with this entire post! Never died in so many mob fights before! Generally my friend and I can work through the battles. We even started using school minions. At our current level, 114, they work pretty well actually. Anyway, I wish there was more crafted gear and more variety. We are not understanding the new gear at all. We are not farmers, don't have that much time or will power to drone the good stuff over and over and over. We have dwindling friends also, as well as time constraints. It's still fun and interesting and we will keep playing, just not understanding where we are going is all.

I like reading all the posts about all the stuff folks figure out too. Way too complicated for me, as a casual player, but interesting to read and I'm impressed with the level of effort folks put into figuring it all out!

Just sharing some info. :)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Lucky Wizard on Dec 26, 2016 wrote:

You have hit the nail on the head so to speak.

Many have been stating the same issues and as @Black Pearl stated, Dworgyn did say they would take a look at and review the difficulty of Mirage in 2017. But I highly doubt that anything will be done until the first actual update if then. KI does have a tendency to take their time on fixes.

I have seen several on other fan sites also ending their subs and most of the problems have been over the mobs and the fact there was no new upgraded gear or decent drops to help compensate for the Crit/block decay.

KI really did leave the casual to average players behind on this one and hopefully, they will fix it before the end of this school term. Many players will probably check back when school is out to see if there have been any changes or fixes to Mirage.

I have at this time decided that I will take my remaining 10 wizards through at least Azteca and possibly on through Polaris but with the current difficulty and stat decay, I don't see any point of going any further. I have seen others with kids that played also stopping their subs. If EVERYONE is not able to play and enjoy the game, then it isn't worth wasting money on....

No one has been asking for any world to be easy but Mirage seems to be in the clouds. KI needs to bring it back to the family casual level they advertise this game to be and I have been seen their commercials quite often over the past several days.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
There is something I noticed about the hard-hitting mobs:

My Ice, L120, currently has 8118 health, 72 resist to Fire/Storm, 60 to all others.

I still get hit from 1500-3000+ from mobs. Why?

I realize the mobs have pierce, but that much?

Typical mob fight (same pips, same mob) :

(1) 1st round - Fire mobs. Natural attack (no crit) hits me for 565. It shows "resist" above my head when it hits.

(2) 1st round - Fire mobs. Natural attack (no crit) hits me for 1595. It does NOT show "resist" above my head when it hits.

For #2, it's as though the mob has 100% pierce and I don't resist AT ALL. Since my Fire resist is 72%, I should NOT be hit that hard.

The same happens to the Life wizard (who has 46 resist to all) that I quest with. The hits with "resist" to her are a bit higher (of course) than what I receive, but her 'no-resist-shows' over her head hits for the same as ME.

Glitch? Miscalculation?

I have noticed this throughout Mirage.