Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Perdue Wizards

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
You know that transparent mode you go in after finishing a battle , that prevents you from joining battles ? Wizards should be able to turn this on whenever they like.

Defender
May 16, 2009
No. You shouldn't be able to turn on the mode that keeps you from going into battles. It's only there to keep you from triggering another battle right after you finish your current one. There are "sidewalks" in each area with monsters and paths that are safe for a reason. Just use those instead.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Spark Plasma on Nov 7, 2016 wrote:
No. You shouldn't be able to turn on the mode that keeps you from going into battles. It's only there to keep you from triggering another battle right after you finish your current one. There are "sidewalks" in each area with monsters and paths that are safe for a reason. Just use those instead.
It's not as simple as that. Getting forced into battles has been a very pressing and irritating problem for many wizards, including myself, and I have seen it. It gets increasingly hard as you progress through the worlds to avoid getting forced into battles. You failed to present why following this suggestion would be bad. If this is implemented, it would both solve this problem and Wizard101 wouldn't have to do the harder and less plausible things, like re-designing the worlds.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Part of the game is avoiding battles by timing your moves or taking safe routes. Having a "safe" setting to avoid all battles really doesn't add anything to game in my opinion. It's not getting harder to avoid battles, it's getting much easier in later worlds. They already nerfed Marleybone's rooftops to make them easier. If you pay attention you almost never get pulled into fights by accident anywhere already. This is just too much of a nerf to avoid all battles. I also think this would just create a new way for players to troll other players that are in battle.

Defender
May 16, 2009
Fable Finder on Nov 9, 2016 wrote:
It's not as simple as that. Getting forced into battles has been a very pressing and irritating problem for many wizards, including myself, and I have seen it. It gets increasingly hard as you progress through the worlds to avoid getting forced into battles. You failed to present why following this suggestion would be bad. If this is implemented, it would both solve this problem and Wizard101 wouldn't have to do the harder and less plausible things, like re-designing the worlds.
Why is it bad? Because it is unnecessary. I have never gotten forced into a battle like you're suggesting because I take my time and make sure to run when it's clear. By implementing this feature, you're eliminating any kind of risk when traveling in zones where monsters and creatures are present. While it may get harder to avoid them and the sidewalks become less obvious and a little more dangerous, take a little time to observe your environment and find a path. What you're suggesting is the quick-and-easy way out.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Fable Finder on Nov 9, 2016 wrote:
The game has to have some challenge to it.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
frostednutella on Nov 9, 2016 wrote:
The game has to have some challenge to it.
It already has a challenge. This just adds irritation and contempt towards the game. What most people do is flee and be forced to walk all the way back and maybe even get pulled in again.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
seethe42 on Nov 9, 2016 wrote:
Part of the game is avoiding battles by timing your moves or taking safe routes. Having a "safe" setting to avoid all battles really doesn't add anything to game in my opinion. It's not getting harder to avoid battles, it's getting much easier in later worlds. They already nerfed Marleybone's rooftops to make them easier. If you pay attention you almost never get pulled into fights by accident anywhere already. This is just too much of a nerf to avoid all battles. I also think this would just create a new way for players to troll other players that are in battle.
That would work if timing your moves and taking safe routes actually prevented you from getting pulled in. The safe setting would make everything much more convenient for wizards. I've payed attention, timed my movies, took safe routes, and pretty much done everything I can, and still got pulled in.

Also, how could players use this to troll?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Spark Plasma on Nov 9, 2016 wrote:
Why is it bad? Because it is unnecessary. I have never gotten forced into a battle like you're suggesting because I take my time and make sure to run when it's clear. By implementing this feature, you're eliminating any kind of risk when traveling in zones where monsters and creatures are present. While it may get harder to avoid them and the sidewalks become less obvious and a little more dangerous, take a little time to observe your environment and find a path. What you're suggesting is the quick-and-easy way out.
I have also done that, and still got pulled in. The point of the game is to enjoy your quests, not navigate the streets. Getting pulled in hijacks that.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Fable Finder on Nov 10, 2016 wrote:
That would work if timing your moves and taking safe routes actually prevented you from getting pulled in. The safe setting would make everything much more convenient for wizards. I've payed attention, timed my movies, took safe routes, and pretty much done everything I can, and still got pulled in.

Also, how could players use this to troll?
By allowing players to be safe from joining battle they could freely enter the battle circle of other players. Some players already do this when the circle is full. It is especially annoying with big whale mounts and such. This would allow it with any battle circle.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I would like to add something here. I can see where Fable Finder is coming from. I noticed many players have the same problem no matter how careful they are and what root they take I'm not saying he's right, I'm not saying he's wrong. This topic is just an idea. It doesn't mean it's going to be graved in stone. Everyone has the right to express their opinion on their ideas regardless how silly, inaccurate or wrong people think he/she is and it sounds like you guys are waving Fable Finder's right to do so by contradicting his topic telling him how silly and wrong he is which is the same as trolling. Cutting people down and going at each other's throats making them sound like an idiot is also trolling. If anyone want to contradict my post that same way, I'll pass out protest signs and serve coffee/donuts to those who want to participate.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Fable Finder on Nov 10, 2016 wrote:
It already has a challenge. This just adds irritation and contempt towards the game. What most people do is flee and be forced to walk all the way back and maybe even get pulled in again.
It's irritating because it's a challenge.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
seethe42 on Nov 10, 2016 wrote:
By allowing players to be safe from joining battle they could freely enter the battle circle of other players. Some players already do this when the circle is full. It is especially annoying with big whale mounts and such. This would allow it with any battle circle.
So what? You can ignore it.

Even then, there are solutions to that:
  • The ability to hide transparent wizards
  • The ability to hide transparent mounts
  • When someone tries to go to a battle circle that's full, they get teleported a few steps back.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
frostednutella on Nov 11, 2016 wrote:
It's irritating because it's a challenge.
Again, the point of the game is to duel and enjoy your quests, which is a fun challenge, not to navigate the streets.

If I wanted to navigate the streets, I'd play a game like Pac Man.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Patrick Ravenbane on Nov 10, 2016 wrote:
I would like to add something here. I can see where Fable Finder is coming from. I noticed many players have the same problem no matter how careful they are and what root they take I'm not saying he's right, I'm not saying he's wrong. This topic is just an idea. It doesn't mean it's going to be graved in stone. Everyone has the right to express their opinion on their ideas regardless how silly, inaccurate or wrong people think he/she is and it sounds like you guys are waving Fable Finder's right to do so by contradicting his topic telling him how silly and wrong he is which is the same as trolling. Cutting people down and going at each other's throats making them sound like an idiot is also trolling. If anyone want to contradict my post that same way, I'll pass out protest signs and serve coffee/donuts to those who want to participate.
Thank you.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Fable Finder on Nov 13, 2016 wrote:
Again, the point of the game is to duel and enjoy your quests, which is a fun challenge, not to navigate the streets.

Navigating the game and avoiding obstacles while questing is part of the game. If it wasn't you would have to visit different areas to find and talk to people. There wouldn't be items that you need to collect left in the middle of combat areas where you need to either time movements to safely collect them or suffer fighting a duel when you get it wrong.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Fable Finder on Nov 13, 2016 wrote:

You are explaining how to make this game fit for more lazy people. You don't realize that if they add this option then many many many quests in this game will be destroyed and toddlers could now start playing this game without complications.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Patrick Ravenbane on Nov 10, 2016 wrote:
It's not trolling to voice opinions and concerns. Nor is it right to try to silence people just for disagreeing like you are trying to do. Stop taking things so personally and you'll find that your life is much easier.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
frostednutella on Nov 14, 2016 wrote:
You are explaining how to make this game fit for more lazy people. You don't realize that if they add this option then many many many quests in this game will be destroyed and toddlers could now start playing this game without complications.
Language like "destroyed" and "toddlers" is a gross hyperbole, don't you think? Calm down.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
There are certainly some areas in w101 where you can get tagged if you aren't careful or are unlucky.

The problem with being able to avoid encounters is that there are several regions and dungeons where you are, by design, supposed to duel several regular creatures in order to advance. Avoiding these duels is risky but possible in some situations, and does add challenge and fun to this game.

Changing this would mean redoing and re-testing a lot of current content. I'd much prefer KI uses their development capability to improve the game in other ways, such as making new content, or trimming down long animations.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Starblood653 on Nov 16, 2016 wrote:
It's not trolling to voice opinions and concerns. Nor is it right to try to silence people just for disagreeing like you are trying to do. Stop taking things so personally and you'll find that your life is much easier.
I'm not tying to silence people nor taking things personally. I never said it's trolling to voice opinions and concerns . Please don't jump to conclusions from what I said and feel. I said "cutting people down and going at each other throats making them sound like an idiot is trolling". "Contradicting someone's idea by telling him/her how silly and wrong that person is is the same as trolling". It's how people express their concerns and opinions combined with negative talk towards each other is called trolling for many people.

Definition of troll in English-language learners: noun- " A person who tries to cause problems on the internet message board by posting messages that cause other people to argue, become angry etc. .

Fable Finder might have felt he was being trolled because he said Thank you to me from his last post after I posted mine.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
frostednutella on Nov 14, 2016 wrote:
That's wrong, because the "lazy people" already avoid the streets by searching off the streets and switching realms when they can't find anything, because going on the streets, no matter what Pac Man world champion you may be, can still get you pulled in and suffer a battle in a quest that was supposed to give you a break from dueling.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
seethe42 on Nov 14, 2016 wrote:
Navigating the game and avoiding obstacles while questing is part of the game. If it wasn't you would have to visit different areas to find and talk to people. There wouldn't be items that you need to collect left in the middle of combat areas where you need to either time movements to safely collect them or suffer fighting a duel when you get it wrong.
Pretty sure that's not why we travel. Not everything in a game is for the gameplay, there is also things like the design and story.

Also, see my other new post, which should be approved by the time this is.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Fable Finder on Nov 17, 2016 wrote:
That's wrong, because the "lazy people" already avoid the streets by searching off the streets and switching realms when they can't find anything, because going on the streets, no matter what Pac Man world champion you may be, can still get you pulled in and suffer a battle in a quest that was supposed to give you a break from dueling.
So you're saying that the people who stay on the sidewalks are lazy? So I am lazy if I don't walk in the middle of the street, yeah I guess that makes sense because they actually try not to get pulled.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Fable Finder on Nov 17, 2016 wrote:
Pretty sure that's not why we travel. Not everything in a game is for the gameplay, there is also things like the design and story.

Also, see my other new post, which should be approved by the time this is.
My post contained a typo that one would should have been wouldn't. Aside from that you didn't address the other. They purposely place items that you must collect in the middle of combat areas. That in itself shows that avoiding combat is a designed part of gameplay.