Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Player Guide

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
Welcome to Wizard101! Today I will be giving 3 tips for new players who are starting for their first time!

1. Picking your school

A lot of people will tell you to pick their school cause they think it is the best, but you should play how you want to play! For example, if you like being a tank, pick ice! If you like being support, pick balance or life. If you like doing a lot of damage, pick fire or storm! Or if you want a hybrid, you will want to pick myth.

2. Talk to other players

The Wizard101 community is one of the best gaming communities I have ever been part of. Most players will help you out if you ask them nicely. Also, the game is starting to turn more team based at end game with all of the hard dungeons.

3. Buy armor at the bazaar for levels 1- 58

The bazaar in old town has the best armor you can use at lower levels (unless you are into crafting!). The armor past level 58 is not really worth buying as it does not help your wizard much. You should farm the dungeons once you hit these levels. Some of the dungeons are: Waterworks at level 60, Tartarus at level 90, and the graveyard at level 100.

Good luck wizards!!

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Thank you for your guide!

Thumbs up to clear, simple guides with good suggestions for new players!

Survivor
Jan 20, 2012
Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Great guide but I would say myth could also be used as support or a hitter.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
frostednutella on Oct 16, 2016 wrote:
Great guide but I would say myth could also be used as support or a hitter.
I agree! But myth are not good hitters till late game, which is why I did not add it.

Thanks!