Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Earthquake update for Myth?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Here's another thought. Those who play Myth and wants a stronger multi attack spell to help them in battle and doesn't want to bother with multiple enhancements (except blades) or buying a Lore pack which costs crowns/ farming for a spell. Since Earthquake is in the same damage range to Humongofrog and isn't used often by many players, why not intensify the damage? Instead of 310, how about something like; 510-540 range which I know will make it a higher pip spell. This will help a lot of players until he/she get sharpened in Azteca This is just a thought, to give KI something to work with if choose to do so.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
earlier on than you can learn the sun enhancement spells, you can buy TCs of them. Also, once you hit level 50, you can have people taxi you to celestia where you can get the first 4 fist spells (one every 2 levels) if you have the training points. Then, simply load your tc deck with school blades and they can get really powerful. I have a myth, and I dont think it really needs that much of a boost in the AoE dept

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It already has the bonus of removing all shields and blades. Making it higher damage would make it too powerful. The thing is, it's not the game's job to make the game easier for players who decide that they don't need to be bothered using the tools the game gives. Enchantments are available long before Azteca and Azteca has already been nerfed beyond belief. You find enchantments a bother, well that's a choice you make as a player. You get to choose where to spend your training points. You shouldn't get the benefits of enchantment damage without paying for it somewhere else. Use training points on damage enchantments and do more damage, or use training points elsewhere and don't get the extra damage. Those are your choices. You don't get both.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
It's true there are enhancements but I again i'll say; what if players don't want to bother with multiple enhancements from tc or buying/farming for a spell. What if they just want a stronger spell for their deck and add sharpen when they get it. Any spell can be too powerful depending what enhancements you use. Lets let KI decide what spells will be too powerful and how. Yes, it is the games job to make the game convenient with options to all players on how they choose to play to make this game enjoyable and save. We are costumers to KI for them to remain in business just like any other business and they know that which makes all of us important to them. It's not just what you or anyone else want. It's what the community wants as well. I understand what all of you are saying but again, lets let the community speak without difficulties and arguments from others. Those who wish to argue this post is fine but it only means you don't understand and need to read my post again because i'm not going to repeat myself. We don't need to be a troll.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
seethe42 on Oct 4, 2016 wrote:
It already has the bonus of removing all shields and blades. Making it higher damage would make it too powerful. The thing is, it's not the game's job to make the game easier for players who decide that they don't need to be bothered using the tools the game gives. Enchantments are available long before Azteca and Azteca has already been nerfed beyond belief. You find enchantments a bother, well that's a choice you make as a player. You get to choose where to spend your training points. You shouldn't get the benefits of enchantment damage without paying for it somewhere else. Use training points on damage enchantments and do more damage, or use training points elsewhere and don't get the extra damage. Those are your choices. You don't get both.
Seethe42 Why do we need to make matters difficult by arguing you been doing on all my thoughts and ideas I have post. Again I'm going to say; It's not a good Idea to speak for KI. It's going to leave a bad message to a lot of players thinking we are not important enough to be heard and that's not good. KI made changes for all of us to enjoy the game more even after they said no several times. I been playing strategy and roll playing games before computers were available for personal use. so I know what I'm talking about. Just because others have different ideas and strategy doesn't mean they're incorrect. No one has the best strategy and the know how. I know what you are talking about and I understand but that's besides the point. So please give it a rest and read posts more careful before you opinionate. I'm not going to repeat myself

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Oct 4, 2016 wrote:
Seethe42 Why do we need to make matters difficult by arguing you been doing on all my thoughts and ideas I have post. Again I'm going to say; It's not a good Idea to speak for KI. It's going to leave a bad message to a lot of players thinking we are not important enough to be heard and that's not good. KI made changes for all of us to enjoy the game more even after they said no several times. I been playing strategy and roll playing games before computers were available for personal use. so I know what I'm talking about. Just because others have different ideas and strategy doesn't mean they're incorrect. No one has the best strategy and the know how. I know what you are talking about and I understand but that's besides the point. So please give it a rest and read posts more careful before you opinionate. I'm not going to repeat myself
I read your posts. I'm stating my opinion based on the existing game structure. You on the other hand are completely ignoring the effects your ideas would have on the game aside from just making it easier for players too lazy to use existing tools. Making spells more powerful without enchantments makes them HUGELY more powerful when players add enchantments to them. You are asking for a Gargantuan Earthquake spell, without using Gargantuan. This allows for adding another enchantment on top of that. It's overpowered. In practice, your suggestion takes Earthquake from a spell that does 610 damage and removes all shields and blades to one that does 810-840 and removes all blades and shields. That much damage plus shatter and enfeeble in a single spell makes it overpowered.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
seethe42 on Oct 5, 2016 wrote:
I read your posts. I'm stating my opinion based on the existing game structure. You on the other hand are completely ignoring the effects your ideas would have on the game aside from just making it easier for players too lazy to use existing tools. Making spells more powerful without enchantments makes them HUGELY more powerful when players add enchantments to them. You are asking for a Gargantuan Earthquake spell, without using Gargantuan. This allows for adding another enchantment on top of that. It's overpowered. In practice, your suggestion takes Earthquake from a spell that does 610 damage and removes all shields and blades to one that does 810-840 and removes all blades and shields. That much damage plus shatter and enfeeble in a single spell makes it overpowered.
I agree with you about Earthquake being overpowered if they increase the damage. To be honest Myth needs some major changes overall. But considering how many Myth players are comfortable with the way things are KI can't rightfully make changes to spells willy nilly. If changes are to be made it needs to be for a very serious reason that very nearly can't be argued with. One could argue that Earthquake is already good and their opinion would certainly matter. I don't think KI is ever going to change Earthquake. But if they did it might be appropriate to modify the damage to where it only slightly out damages Humongofrog. The best way for KI to fix Myth is by creating new spells in the next worlds that will aid wizards where they need it most. The path to change is in the future, not the past.
Therefore you may want to play Myth at as high a level as you can.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
The only reason that this should ever happen is because it has the same damage as Humungofrog.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
frostednutella on Oct 5, 2016 wrote:
The only reason that this should ever happen is because it has the same damage as Humungofrog.
There you go, Finally someone is thinking

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
ToastedCoaster on Oct 5, 2016 wrote:
I agree with you about Earthquake being overpowered if they increase the damage. To be honest Myth needs some major changes overall. But considering how many Myth players are comfortable with the way things are KI can't rightfully make changes to spells willy nilly. If changes are to be made it needs to be for a very serious reason that very nearly can't be argued with. One could argue that Earthquake is already good and their opinion would certainly matter. I don't think KI is ever going to change Earthquake. But if they did it might be appropriate to modify the damage to where it only slightly out damages Humongofrog. The best way for KI to fix Myth is by creating new spells in the next worlds that will aid wizards where they need it most. The path to change is in the future, not the past.
Therefore you may want to play Myth at as high a level as you can.
I agree, Myth does need major changes. But I don't know were people got an idea thinking spells cards itself can be overpowered. If we take a look at all multi attack spells, the damage range is from (RA) 640- 1100 damage (rain of fire). Earthquake is 310. Say if it increased to in the low 500's requiring more pips to cast, that will still be lower than all the other spells. I know it destroys all shields and blades but that's why the spell shouldn't be much over that 500 mark. So how would that be overpowered and not the other spells and some of them has stun. If spells are overpowered, we are over powering them by using enhancements and faint. I feel KI should decide if spells are or can be overpowered not us. KI is known to change things including spells like they did to death a year ago even when they said no several times. All it takes are enough people coming forward with the same problem like I heard about Myth while I was battling with them. I can care less because I'm fine with that school but many are not. Instead of them coming forward, they delete their wizard. So I addressed it to KI on those players behalf. What makes me mad is when people argue against my posts without reading it carefully enough to understand what i'm saying. Specially when they speaking for themselves and KI when they don't even work for them. I glad to hear you and I are in the boat on this subject.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
may i point out, myth gets 2 aoe in their schools before lvl 50.... and every other school's lvl 48 spell is a 6pip, besides storm (zilla is 5) and they all are one targets, not to mention the fact earthquake removes everything but auras and dots.... no other spell in the school has a secondary effect unless in tc

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
frostednutella on Oct 5, 2016 wrote:
The reason it does the same damage as Frog is pretty obvious. It costs 6 pips but casts 3 spells at once in effect. It does 4 pip Frog damage + 3 pip Shatter + 3 pip Enfeeble. That's 10 pips worth of spells for the bargain of 6 pips in a single round and 30 levels before Storm even learns Enfeeble.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Never trust the obvious. the word obvious is one's opinion how he/she see things (More to the story than meets the eye) which is often misleading depending on the circumstances. I know what Seethe42 is talking about but it doesn't always work that way and too many people don't see it that way either when it comes to survival. Yes the spell has shatter and enfeeble but it's only effective on those who casts multiple shields and blades which most creature don't do until you get to Polaris making that spell a waste specially when it also removes traps and faints. When is comes to survival, players usually chooses a school by looking at the damage intensity first on spell cards. It doesn't matter how some people see things. what matters is the majority of players coming together with the same idea to make the game more convenient and enjoyable.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
If you just want an aoe attack, use Frog. Enchant with a sun spell (which everyone should train) to add damage.

The point of Earthquake is the very powerful after effect. You get a Frog worth of damage AND remove all your opponents' blades and defenses for a cost of only an extra yellow. That's fair as-is.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
I don't think Myth should be changed.

Raising the damage for Earthquake would make the spell just like any other AOE spell that the other schools have, which would take away Myth's uniqueness. There's already a problem with the schools being too similar at the max level.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Oct 6, 2016 wrote:
Never trust the obvious. the word obvious is one's opinion how he/she see things (More to the story than meets the eye) which is often misleading depending on the circumstances. I know what Seethe42 is talking about but it doesn't always work that way and too many people don't see it that way either when it comes to survival. Yes the spell has shatter and enfeeble but it's only effective on those who casts multiple shields and blades which most creature don't do until you get to Polaris making that spell a waste specially when it also removes traps and faints. When is comes to survival, players usually chooses a school by looking at the damage intensity first on spell cards. It doesn't matter how some people see things. what matters is the majority of players coming together with the same idea to make the game more convenient and enjoyable.
You make a lot of assumptions here. You claim that I'm being misleading while also claiming to speak for most players. What I said is obvious because it's a repeated pattern throughout all schools in the game. The more powerful the after effects of a spell, the less damage per pip it does. My statement is an observation of a pattern in the game's makeup, not a wild opinion based solely off my own view. I'm not the one claiming to know what matters to everyone else playing the game. I'm not the one claiming to know why everyone chooses a school. Making the game overly easy does not make the game more enjoyable in my opinion. It should not be too difficult and I'm not proposing making it so. You are proposing changes that serve no purpose to improve the game, only to make it easier to save yourself from clicking on an enchantment. Your proposal saves you a couple mouse clicks but unbalances the game's power structure in the process. It's a bit selfish to put one player's "convenience" of not being bothered by clicking a card above game balance.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Patrick Ravenbane on Oct 6, 2016 wrote:
Don't forget some schools are chosen because of their ability to defend or heal off damage rather than deal damage. In the end this is a fair trade off. But Myth doesn't have any of these things. You could argue that it has stuns and minions, but several schools have stuns and all schools have minions. Not to mention the minions are overrated. I do believe that Earthquake should stay the same, but the problem is how Myth gets all of these strange cards at inappropriate levels when the other schools get cards that actually compliment the other spells. For example, Myth gets King Artorius later in the game, but they also get Basilisk. Both are single enemy DOT's that deal a lot of damage. The problem is that there is only a difference of one pip between the spells (and of course a stun or a redundant pierce). Choosing between two spells isn't that uncommon, like when fire chooses between King Artorius and Efreet, but when the difference between the spells is minimal, then there isn't really much point in choosing. The same thing applies to Earthquake and Humongofrog. And maybe even Minotaur and Orthrus. The gap between similar spells in Myth is rather small which, in turn, limits Myth's usefulness.