Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More Updates!

AuthorMessage
Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Hello,

I am really fascinated with these improvements, and I must congratulate the KingsIsle team for their hard work and determination this past year. Over the years I have watched this game grow, and it has indeed done so.

I like the fact that you are making this game a lot more tolerable, and straight forward, but I feel like an old man saying “back in my day I had to do it the old fashioned way”.

Examples
  • I had to put A LOT of time in this game to get ALL my characters to level 50. (An entire arc can now be skipped!)
  • I had to farm a squid for days to get my harpy pet. (You can now get harpy in a lore pack)
  • I had to spend almost a month and a half in Zafaria before I could progress.
  • What you get is what you get; we NEVER got the chance to “roll again”.

Now, I get this is how MMO games are, but I can’t help but feel a bit frustrated that all the newer people have such an advantage to become as experienced as me in so little time. It’s kind of like working at a job for years, and the new person is making the same as you, but you had to work years for your pay.

DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND, I like these updates for sure, but I just think your being a bit too kind to new upcoming players. The level 50 elixir is what bugs me the most, maybe it should only be used once, lower the level jump, or make it 60,000 crowns! (<- I know i'll be hated for that one.)

Thank you for your time

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
Well, there's a restriction for the elixir. One has to have had at least a level 50+ wizard previously to use the elixir for a new character. So the person is already as experienced as you are

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Master of Catastro... on Aug 24, 2016 wrote:
Well, there's a restriction for the elixir. One has to have had at least a level 50+ wizard previously to use the elixir for a new character. So the person is already as experienced as you are
As I said, "all" my characters had to reach level 50. Anyone could skip after there first level 50 character. Which means they could skip 5/6 times.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The elixir doesn't change gameplay at all for you. It just allows options for others who have already completed the 1st Arc and want to try another school without spending a couple weeks doing the 1st Arc again. It doesn't affect you at all.

Farming for a pet from a boss that regularly drops that pet is FAR more reliable and FREE. Trying to get a particular pet from a pack might cost you 399 crowns or it could eat through 100,000 and never give it to you. Again it doesn't affect you at all.

The amount of time the world takes depends a lot more on the amount you play. It took me a few days on all my wizards before they made the changes. If you are already past something that frustrated you, you should be happy that those that follow don't have to feel that same frustration and possibly give up playing. Again it doesn't affect you at all.

The reroll is really no different than the second chance chests that are in nearly every dungeon. Do those really affect your game at all?

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
seethe42 on Aug 25, 2016 wrote:
The elixir doesn't change gameplay at all for you. It just allows options for others who have already completed the 1st Arc and want to try another school without spending a couple weeks doing the 1st Arc again. It doesn't affect you at all.

Farming for a pet from a boss that regularly drops that pet is FAR more reliable and FREE. Trying to get a particular pet from a pack might cost you 399 crowns or it could eat through 100,000 and never give it to you. Again it doesn't affect you at all.

The amount of time the world takes depends a lot more on the amount you play. It took me a few days on all my wizards before they made the changes. If you are already past something that frustrated you, you should be happy that those that follow don't have to feel that same frustration and possibly give up playing. Again it doesn't affect you at all.

The reroll is really no different than the second chance chests that are in nearly every dungeon. Do those really affect your game at all?
The Elixir does affect your gameplay, as it gives you a full set of gear you can't get anywhere else in the game. It also gives a permanent broom mount.

The lore pack is now another way to get the harpy, instead of the one and only way to retrieve it. (So yes, this affects the fact that I have a choice to make now; rather than only one option.)

What gave you the hint that I would give up playing? I said specifically, I like these updates.

The "second chance chests" loot happens to be very different, compared to arena prizes. Before you did not get this feature in the arena, so yes this is effective.

That being said, I am afraid to say that you are missing my point. I am frustrated because these options were not available for me during my time of gameplay! I had to manually level up all my characters, but now there is a new way.

I will probably be using the elixir for my last character... of course I would be silly not to.