Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A change to spell point buy backl

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
For anyone that has reached zafaria or beyond, spell point buy back has become a nightmare.

Right now, buy back is all or nothing, and because you can't choose the spells you want to buy the points back for, once you do agree to buy back points, you have to run all over the game and hope you can remember where the spells you wanted to keep are trained, and re-train them.

I'm requesting that this change.

Instead of just buying back all the training points you spent, let's get a check box list of spells that you can buy the training points back for.

And if one of the spells is a pre-req to others, a warning should pop up stating that all the spells will be bought back, not just the one selected.

That way, if someone only has one spell they spent points on that they would like to untrain, they can. And if someone else wants to untrain every spell that they spent points on, they can do that too.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Agree with you on this idea!

Most of the time I don't bother with selling back points. Why? It's not about the expense, but because of the huge hassle of running all over the Spiral replacing everything when all I needed was to trade out 2-3 spells. We're not just talking about remembering where we trained the spells to begin with, but also setting up EVERY SINGLE ONE of our spell decks because all of our trained Life or Astral spells vanished. For some of us, that means trying to remember how 8-10 different decks were set up before the sell-back.

KI, you'd get more people buying back training points (more crowns for you!) if we had the option of selling back part instead of all our trained spells. Seriously. Even when there's a free buy-back offer I won't do it because of the extreme inconvenience involved.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
May 14, 2015
I also agree because I do not need satyr or tower shield anymore at level 110 :P

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
or how about, a spell reminder, like a CPU that knows every spell you ever learned, so you talk to him/her and learn all you spells again, but any spells you never learned ever... he'll /she'll wont have listed

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Fractures on Aug 8, 2016 wrote:
I also agree because I do not need satyr or tower shield anymore at level 110 :P
And what exactly do you feel that you need to replace it with then?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
camahawk on Aug 10, 2016 wrote:
or how about, a spell reminder, like a CPU that knows every spell you ever learned, so you talk to him/her and learn all you spells again, but any spells you never learned ever... he'll /she'll wont have listed
Intriguing idea.....