Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to maximize Pet XP gain via Pet Pavilion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
Wizard101's Pet Pavilion is divided into 6 games that you can play for energy depending on your pets level. At baby level, the cost for playing is (2), this increases by 2 for each pet level for a maximum of 14 energy at Ultra.
Each pet game however, only awards you 4* pet XP for reaching a certain threshold. This begs the question, "What is the best Pet Game in the pavilion to spend my time on?"
(* 8 with 2x XP events)

I've analyzed each game in the pavilion in order to determine what qualifies as the 'best game' to spend your energy on. My criteria for this are;

A.) Least amount of time spent playing the minigame
B.) Ease of playing, how quickly it takes to master

C.) Possible Cheese methods/botting

Maze Game
The Maze Game is the one i used the most in my early days, its simple and straightforward, collect as many snacks as possible. If you collect 70 snacks, you are awarded the maximum reward of 4 XP from the minigame. The best way to maximize efficiency in this game is to not pick up any clocks. Clocks reward you 10 extra seconds, but you don't need them. Gathering more than 70 snacks is pointless, because they don't award you any additional XP.

Cannon Game
The Cannon Game is more complicated, it takes much more time to master, but once you get the hang of the cannons targeting, all you have to do is compensate for the wind and practice your cannon shots. There really isn't a way to navigate this easily, as the game itself doesn't have a timer for you, so its a matter of how long you are willing to spend. I personally prefer to have a time crunch to help with doing rapid leveling.

Grumpy Gobblers
Grumpy Gobblers is similar to the Cannon Game, as you are given control of the same cannon to take down the enemy castle. The difference in this game is your given special elemental shots that explode when coming in contact with their respective elemental blocks. If you practice your shots, you can clear a fort in 2-3 shots.

Way of the Ninja Pig
This mini-game is interesting, but difficult and really impractical for pet XP leveling. You're given control of your pet and have to navigate a huge obstacle course filled with traps, pushers, bouncers, swinging hammers, and narrow bridges. Its very easy to fall, and its very hard to get the maximum 4 XP possible. Overall, just avoid this mini-game.

Dance Game
The Dance Game is very simple memory game that revolves around hitting the correct arrow sequence 5 times, each time the sequence gets longer and faster. It starts off super easy, and gets progressively harder, but i have heard tale of people who use cheat-engine or another botting program to complete this game. This actually makes sense, since this game is actually the quickest out of the lot, if you do it fast without any mistakes, this game can take about 30 seconds. Compared to Gobbler Drop, this is technically the best pet mini-game.

Gobbler Drop
The Gobbler Drop is one of my favorites, its a simple game where you catch falling snacks and avoid the anvils/bombs. This game can take 30-40 seconds depending on how lucky your drop pattern is, and if you take/avoid the time specials. I think that Gobbler Drop is the best game for grinding out pet XP, but im interested to hear what other people think.

What do you think the best Pet Minigame is?

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
My personal favorite for short time is definitely the Dancing Game, you can succeed at it as fast as you can fail it on purpose to save time, and usually takes about 20-30 seconds each round so i'd say that's quite fast!