Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

is it worth it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 17, 2020
i started playing again back during the summer and i havent really understood crafting, is it important? do i really need to do it? is this essential to get good gear?

level 55 death wizard btw

Survivor
Dec 06, 2022
Defender
Dec 27, 2014
calamity starvault on Dec 19, 2022 wrote:
i started playing again back during the summer and i havent really understood crafting, is it important? do i really need to do it? is this essential to get good gear?

level 55 death wizard btw
It's not essential but gives you some very good alternatives to farming certain dungeons. At level 56 I always craft the wintertusk gear. It's certainly a very good substitute for Water Works although having a touch less resist. Also if you are not fortunate enough on drops from Water Works you can always upgrade the robe and boots in every world from Zafaria to khrysalis.

You'll certainly want the wand at 115 and 125, the latter a great wand for battle and giving extra energy for pet training/gardening/fishing

Survivor
Feb 20, 2022
It depends on what you're interested in. If you have any interest in housing or lore spells, then it's something you should progress through. How it works is that you complete quests that require you to craft items. These quests become increasingly tedious as reagent requirements become more numerous and rare. Some gear sets are able to be crafted in addition to getting lucky with drops, namely dragoon and merciless (demiurge). As of right now, the best novus equipment crafting does NOT require any crafting level. If you plan on speeding through the game to get to novus or aren't interested in having multiple high-level wizards then crafting isn't really important and can be ignored.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
Hi there! Crafting is not essential for the best gear since there are other options (like farming for dropped gear or spending $ on crowns gear from packs, etc.), but it does have its perks. Where farming for gear can take a long time, and sometimes doesn't yield the gear you want at all, crafting is a nice alternative to get good gear. Sometimes it's good to fill in the gaps before you do get the dropped gear you want.

Some examples of good crafted gear to invest in:
  • Level 55 Sudrilund gear in Wintertusk (best for your current level before farming for Waterworks/House of Scales at level 60)
  • Level 76 Dun Dara hats & robes in Avalon
  • Level 96 Sardonyx hats in Khrysalis
  • Level 130 Dragoon gear from WC Catacombs
  • And more...

Survivor
May 15, 2011
Crafting isn't so important right now, later in the game its very important if you plan on crafting any of the end game gear.