Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make beast moon NO chat people seperate from people who CAN Chat

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Over and over and over, every single match with a no chat in it is a 90% loss from the start

It's already hard when you do randoms in Mayhem but at least there is a glimmer of hope if every has the ability to chat. Someone argued before that it was unfair for us to request having No Chat or Mute Chats in a match.

Can a team communicate if they cannot speak? Can someone drive a car if they cannot see?
Is it possible for someone who cannot communicate, to communicate?

Every single match I've played, there is always someone immediately to say, "dan we got a no chat". Then immediately say, "Well this one is lost"

If you won't lock out no chat or mute chat people then give us that can an option where we just won't be added to a match if there is someone in this category. A, "Join matches with mute chat people" Yes or no? no.

I'd wait 30 mins knowing I wouldnt get one and think, how did I get dragged into a loss in 10 seconds.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2021
I've seen Menu Chat only players who were great Beastmoon players and Open Chat players who were not as great.
However, I agree that most of the time they are hard to play with.
What I suggest is not to kick them out, but to give us more tools to communicate with them.
Either give them Text Chat inside Beastmoon, or give us more Menu Chat options to talk with them, perhaps.

A screen that shows up before you click Join Match for Mayhem that explains to you what the Event is and that there is a timer. (Currently it only shows the Hunt explanation not Mayhem)

Some people even say they randomly ended up in Beastmoon and they don't know how they got in.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
You can use Menu Chat to communicate with no-chat players. Inside the Beastmoon there is an entire category specially made for Beastmoon, with virtually everything else normally found in Menu Chat missing so that you can get to these lines faster. It definitely needs a few extra things to be added to it, most importantly a "Please stop capturing bases" line, new lines for the outside spells in Spirit/Balance Mayhems, and directions on how to get to those spells.

Also, menu chatters aren't very common. I think that if you were to separate them from players who can use text-chat, then menu chat-only Beastmoon would be plagued with ridiculous wait times as the game has to go find 6 or 12 different people who want to play this mode but have Menu Chat. This would make Beastmoon unplayable for them just for our convenience.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
DreamyIllusion000 on Nov 22, 2022 wrote:
I've seen Menu Chat only players who were great Beastmoon players and Open Chat players who were not as great.
However, I agree that most of the time they are hard to play with.
What I suggest is not to kick them out, but to give us more tools to communicate with them.
Either give them Text Chat inside Beastmoon, or give us more Menu Chat options to talk with them, perhaps.

A screen that shows up before you click Join Match for Mayhem that explains to you what the Event is and that there is a timer. (Currently it only shows the Hunt explanation not Mayhem)

Some people even say they randomly ended up in Beastmoon and they don't know how they got in.
"Some people even say they randomly ended up in Beastmoon and they don't know how they got in."

Buttons go click...

The problem with many mutes (not all) is that a lot of them can't read anyway (the same can also be said Text Chat and Open Chat players too though). So opening additional chat for that round honestly doesn't make that much sense to begin with. There is also the fact that you can use the menu chat to largely direct people "2v2", "3 people per battle this wave", "We need help on Star" etc. are all available phrases, plus many many more. It also has the issue of legal reasons why they can't open the chat partially due to their safety ratings for different age groups etc.

What the other person suggested was the "kick" them out and I don't think that's appropriate play either.

Honestly, what I suggest is simply this: you win some, you lose some. I don't think that can change too dramatically regardless of open, text or menu chat. To be honests, quite frequently if you feel like you are getting paired up with the same bad players over and over. Change servers and then wait a few minutes before you requeue, a lot of people just queue again immediately.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2021
exp613 on Nov 26, 2022 wrote:
"Some people even say they randomly ended up in Beastmoon and they don't know how they got in."

Buttons go click...

The problem with many mutes (not all) is that a lot of them can't read anyway (the same can also be said Text Chat and Open Chat players too though). So opening additional chat for that round honestly doesn't make that much sense to begin with. There is also the fact that you can use the menu chat to largely direct people "2v2", "3 people per battle this wave", "We need help on Star" etc. are all available phrases, plus many many more. It also has the issue of legal reasons why they can't open the chat partially due to their safety ratings for different age groups etc.

What the other person suggested was the "kick" them out and I don't think that's appropriate play either.

Honestly, what I suggest is simply this: you win some, you lose some. I don't think that can change too dramatically regardless of open, text or menu chat. To be honests, quite frequently if you feel like you are getting paired up with the same bad players over and over. Change servers and then wait a few minutes before you requeue, a lot of people just queue again immediately.
I remember some options from the menu chat were recently removed which makes it also slightly harder.