Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Message from KingsIsle - Wizard101 Broadcast System Breach

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Community,

This past Friday the Broadcast System of Wizard101 was illegally accessed to post inappropriate messages in-game as if they were written by a KingsIsle employee. We sincerely apologize for the unacceptable statements making their way into the game and causing disruption of your gameplay. We take great care in ensuring Wizard101 is a family-friendly game and feel disheartened when someone finds a way to disrupt that experience.

The incident was quickly identified, and steps were immediately taken to halt the behavior. We turned off the Broadcast System and have added additional security measures to ensure this won’t happen again. At this time, we believe that an external party initiated the messages through a non-traditional method of accessing the Broadcast System. No other systems were accessed.

Considering the incident has soured your celebrations of the birthday month, we want to close out September with a bang. From now until the end of the month, we are enabling all Member Benefits and granting Membership to all players. Both will be enabled for EU players as well.

Thanks to everyone for your patience and support as we resolved this unfortunate incident.

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Thank you for a response to this event.

There have been a lot of companies experiencing hacks recently.

Sorry, that you all had to deal with this. Hopefully, the tightened security features is a permanent fix. I wonder if 2-Factor authentication could be enabled for accounts-I've seen some desire for that on Twitter.

Excited to end the month with a bang of member benefits.

Wish you all at KI the best!

-exp613

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
My Balance wizard Gorman Thank you for what you all are doing.

Thank you for a response to this event.
Wish you all at KI the best!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Thank you sincerely for your acknowledgement and apology for this unfortunate incident. I'm certain you have the best intentions going forward in future to ensure something like this never happens again.

Also, Member benefits! Yay! Time to go be a kid again.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2021
Thank you for telling what happened on friday night
Really appreciate it

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
Great response! Thank you, KI, for going above and beyond on this issue.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2022
i love this game and i have loved it since i found i hope two step comes out with these security patches cause this game is awesome

Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
I wasn't online during the incident, however I was glad that I got on and my account seemed to be fine :D.. It was just messages getting through that shouldn't so no harsh feelings KI.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
First, and most importantly, thank you for "fixing the glitch" that allowed this to happen.

Secondly, my free account thanks you for the temporary memberhsip; temporship? :P

Explorer
Sep 28, 2008
Professor Falmea on Sep 20, 2022 wrote:
Community,

This past Friday the Broadcast System of Wizard101 was illegally accessed to post inappropriate messages in-game as if they were written by a KingsIsle employee. We sincerely apologize for the unacceptable statements making their way into the game and causing disruption of your gameplay. We take great care in ensuring Wizard101 is a family-friendly game and feel disheartened when someone finds a way to disrupt that experience.

The incident was quickly identified, and steps were immediately taken to halt the behavior. We turned off the Broadcast System and have added additional security measures to ensure this won’t happen again. At this time, we believe that an external party initiated the messages through a non-traditional method of accessing the Broadcast System. No other systems were accessed.

Considering the incident has soured your celebrations of the birthday month, we want to close out September with a bang. From now until the end of the month, we are enabling all Member Benefits and granting Membership to all players. Both will be enabled for EU players as well.

Thanks to everyone for your patience and support as we resolved this unfortunate incident.
For those WITH membership, Does our membership get halted until it ends or does it just not affect us?

Survivor
Sep 09, 2013
I've asked this question yesterday. Its great and all they you're doing free membership. what about those who already paid for September? what do they get?