Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why BM badges are bad for colllectors

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Currently there are 208 BM badges, which are almost 25% of all badges in game. 190 of these are for unlocking and tiering forms (38 in total rn).

Each form is 9k lunari to max, lets assume you can fully tier one every 2 months (4 events), unless my math is trash that is over 6 years worth of badges. OFC each new form adds 5 more badges.

This is a badge collectors nightmare, if I see no way to finish them, I am just going to give up.

I propose 1 badge per beast that changes as you tier it, like pvp ranks.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
1 badge per beast would be the same thing. I keep working my way to reaching the halfway mark and then they add more. I believe I might possibly have the most Beastmoon badges (or am close to it). I am currently at 97/208 with 2987 Lunari and earning more. I'd like to know everyone else's BM badge count.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Well, I sort of agree with this post.

I don't like seeing "Death Fairy IV" I just want to be "Death Fairy" if I use that badge. That's coming from a non-badge collector perspective though.

I think a better option would be to just have the badge for each unlock. Collecting all of the Gold Idols would be a feat in and of itself.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
stemogstel on May 9, 2022 wrote:
1 badge per beast would be the same thing. I keep working my way to reaching the halfway mark and then they add more. I believe I might possibly have the most Beastmoon badges (or am close to it). I am currently at 97/208 with 2987 Lunari and earning more. I'd like to know everyone else's BM badge count.
I mean 1 badge for say storm wolf, 1 per form, unlocking them is doable, maxing them all out, not so much.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
My post seems to not be clear, what I mean is there is one storm wolf badge, for example and it displays as Storm Wolf I or II or III, changes dynamically as you tier it up.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Jasmine3429 on May 10, 2022 wrote:
My post seems to not be clear, what I mean is there is one storm wolf badge, for example and it displays as Storm Wolf I or II or III, changes dynamically as you tier it up.
If I understand it correctly, it would still be the same requirement to reach the top badge per form.

The task seems impossible due to the amount of Lunari needed. Every form will eventually have a gold idol craft during Mayhem. At least I'd like to think this to be true. I am guessing the idea is to eventually have each form with 7 school choices. This can make for a new Topic, to ask KI their intentions on how many form options we will have by the time they are completely done adding new forms.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Jasmine3429 on May 10, 2022 wrote:
No, that makes sense.

I just don't want that. I want it to just say "Storm Wolf" no numbers.

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
I'm fine with the current system. If you're a badge collector and include event badges like Beastmoon and Deckathalon in your collection then it's an entirely self-imposed challenge. Having the badge total display as X/700 instead of X/850 (or whatever) doesn't have any impact on actual gameplay and won't make a difference to 99.9% of players. It's not a very good reason to change a system that isn't broken and potentially break it in the process. Mayhem badges have been messed up for like, what, a year now?

At the very least I would like to still have the option of using a form's name both with and without numerals - so there would still be 2 badges per form like "Life Fairy" and then "Life Fairy I-V" like what exp613 mentioned.

The numeral badges are important for signalling to other players what form you prefer and depending on the tier can also show if you have access to certain spells. A Storm Elf V badge, for example, would let other players know you have access to the Storm Elf's 4-pip AoE. However, I still think it would be nice to keep badge names without numerals for flavor.

I do agree that there isn't much of a point in keeping the lower number badges around - I wouldn't ever use the Myth Rat Thief III badge if I have the Myth Rat Thief V badge for example. But at the same time it doesn't really feel necessary or impactful to change it at this point, especially if there is the potential for things to get messed up in the process.

Defender
May 30, 2010
Tanner Silver on May 20, 2022 wrote:
I'm fine with the current system. If you're a badge collector and include event badges like Beastmoon and Deckathalon in your collection then it's an entirely self-imposed challenge. Having the badge total display as X/700 instead of X/850 (or whatever) doesn't have any impact on actual gameplay and won't make a difference to 99.9% of players. It's not a very good reason to change a system that isn't broken and potentially break it in the process. Mayhem badges have been messed up for like, what, a year now?

At the very least I would like to still have the option of using a form's name both with and without numerals - so there would still be 2 badges per form like "Life Fairy" and then "Life Fairy I-V" like what exp613 mentioned.

The numeral badges are important for signalling to other players what form you prefer and depending on the tier can also show if you have access to certain spells. A Storm Elf V badge, for example, would let other players know you have access to the Storm Elf's 4-pip AoE. However, I still think it would be nice to keep badge names without numerals for flavor.

I do agree that there isn't much of a point in keeping the lower number badges around - I wouldn't ever use the Myth Rat Thief III badge if I have the Myth Rat Thief V badge for example. But at the same time it doesn't really feel necessary or impactful to change it at this point, especially if there is the potential for things to get messed up in the process.
Yes the Mayhem badges feel like they are never going get fix at this rate. (One of the devs that leave the company after fix the Karamelle which some of them are impossible to get and still do not have a full list on the wiki (I found a full list on a random site but again not sure if that 100% correct) said that they would fix the Beastmoon badges next. But that was months ago on twitter before he left. A lot of badges took so long to get fix but that is another story (if you look though my history you can find it)
The biggest problem I find with beastmoon badges is the Lunari. I have about 111 badges for beastmoon alone but the new activety Cantrip (and The Deckathalon badges which is still whoever has the most time (as people use all their wizards) is make it harder to get all badges.
But I honestly think the Beastmoon rank badge should change the way the PVP rank badges did. For example, once you get Storm Wolf II then it is replaces Storm Wolf I . Once you get Storm Wolf III , then it is replaces Storm Wolf II.
Think this is better and more neat. But what do you guys think?

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
God life wizard on May 25, 2022 wrote:
Yes the Mayhem badges feel like they are never going get fix at this rate. (One of the devs that leave the company after fix the Karamelle which some of them are impossible to get and still do not have a full list on the wiki (I found a full list on a random site but again not sure if that 100% correct) said that they would fix the Beastmoon badges next. But that was months ago on twitter before he left. A lot of badges took so long to get fix but that is another story (if you look though my history you can find it)
The biggest problem I find with beastmoon badges is the Lunari. I have about 111 badges for beastmoon alone but the new activety Cantrip (and The Deckathalon badges which is still whoever has the most time (as people use all their wizards) is make it harder to get all badges.
But I honestly think the Beastmoon rank badge should change the way the PVP rank badges did. For example, once you get Storm Wolf II then it is replaces Storm Wolf I . Once you get Storm Wolf III , then it is replaces Storm Wolf II.
Think this is better and more neat. But what do you guys think?
I guess it would be more neat. Less pages to sort through. Same requirements to achieve them all.

I think some players use a lesser badge to attempt to trick the opponent. Oh wait, can the enemy see their opponents badge? It's been too long since we had a Beastmoon.

Are you sure you have that many Beastmoon badges? Can you check please? Oh, did you tier 3 many forms instead of going for t5? I'm at 97 but T5'ed many.

And if anyone at KI is reading this, what's the deal with the broken Mayhem badges? Get it fixed.

Defender
May 30, 2010
stemogstel on May 27, 2022 wrote:
I guess it would be more neat. Less pages to sort through. Same requirements to achieve them all.

I think some players use a lesser badge to attempt to trick the opponent. Oh wait, can the enemy see their opponents badge? It's been too long since we had a Beastmoon.

Are you sure you have that many Beastmoon badges? Can you check please? Oh, did you tier 3 many forms instead of going for t5? I'm at 97 but T5'ed many.

And if anyone at KI is reading this, what's the deal with the broken Mayhem badges? Get it fixed.
I think do not the other team can read your badge. Remember them turn into PVP ranked badges but could have change during the newest Spring update. (Hopefully it stay that way). Yes I have 111 badges for Beastmoon badges (I am in the game and that what it saids) and yeah I do it like this where I do every form to tier 2, then all forms to tier 3. I have yet to get up to Tier 4 since I do not play as much due to my work schedule now and usually play at night where all the tiers 4-5 come out so kind of less fun than usually. So usually just get on, get up to the spellment though week (usually on the weekend since I am busy on the weekdays due to work)Sadly for KI, I think the only one talk on the form is now Kyle IceWielder who rarely talk and only seems to talk in certain topic. Sparck seems to only talk about updates now but hey I could be wrong.
(Just so you know I have 671 badges over all so yeah a badge person for real) Still wish the places for the Deckaloth would not count for the badges until you actually get them (like your PVP rank)