Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

potion making

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 23, 2013
hi all her my idea why not let player make there own potions in wizard101 have a crafting table for it we are wizard after all and wizard like making potions you can even have a class on potion making

Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
I am on board with this idea. Potions are not that crazy sometimes but stacking up reagents to save money seems even more useful.

I think it has to have at least one partly difficult reagent that has to do with their school.

Myth could be:
  • 20 peridots
  • 15 flawless peridot
  • 10 perfect peridot
  • 10 mist wood
  • 1 glass vial
  • 2 Fossils (rank 3)

First 3 are the specific reagents to which school you are crafting from, with an easy reagent, followed by a vial to keep the potion in, and finally completed with a rank 3 reagents of their school.

Explorer
May 23, 2013
nice idea i like it i just wish more players see this post and post more on this i think it has a good chance of being in the game if more player bring ideas like this one to the board

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
Petitioned it before, and I'll do it again!

Since potions are somewhat powerful it's probably best to give the easy difficulty ones "meh" stats like Accuracy, Stun Resist, and Pip Conversion.

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
That's a nice idea and wish we could craft energy elixirs!

You know you can craft hatch resets, hatch eggs and next hatch free elixirs. the recipe is from the NPC in the hatchery.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2016
I know it would be a lot, but it could be a new Hobby Type (like garden, fishing, etc.). The level determines what recipe level you can craft and maybe the number you can craft a day. Although making it just your Crafting Level could work too...

There could be a myriad of potion ideas but here are a couple ideas I have off the top of my head and when they could be crafted if there was a "Potion Crafting" level.
**Keep in mind that Potions can only be used outside of combat and cannot be used for PvP!**

Minor Regeneration Potion (Lvl 1): Instantly recover 50% of Hit Points and regenerate 1/16 of Hit Points every 3 seconds for 1 hour.
Minor [School] Battle Potion (Lvl 2): +5% [School] Damage and +5% [School] Accuracy for 1 hour. These are similar to the ones in the shop already.
Minor [School] Resist Potion (Lvl 2): +5% [School] Resist and +50 [School] Spell Block for 1 hour.
Minor Mana Regeneration Potion (Lvl 2): Instantly recover 50% Mana.
Brightened Mind Potion (Lvl 3): +10% Power Pip Chance for 1 hour.
Major Regeneration Potion (Lvl 3): Instantly recover 100% of Hit Points and regenerate 1/16 of Hit Points every 3 seconds for 1 hour.
Battlecaster Potion (Lvl 4): +5% Universal Damage and +5% universal Accuracy for 30 minutes.
[School] Resist Potion (Lvl 4): +200 Maximum Health increase. +10% [School] Resist and +120 Spell Block for 1 hour.
[School] Battle Potion (Lvl 4): +10% [School] Damage and +10% [School] Accuracy for 1 hour. Again, similar to the ones in shop.
Luck of Fortune (Lvl 5): +50 [School] Critical.
Minor Invigoration Potion (Lvl 6): Instantly recover 25 Energy. (1 can only be crafted on a 48 hour CD).
Crafter's Potion (Lvl 9): Reset one Crafter Times. (1 can only be crafted on a 48 hour CD).
Hatching Elixir (Lvl 11): Hatches all Eggs. (1 can only be crafted on a 48 hour CD).
Invigoration Potion (Lvl 13): Instantly recovers 50 Energy. (1 can only be crafted on a 48 hour CD).
Purreau's Potion #10 (Lvl 15): Resets Hatching Timer. (1 can only be crafted on a 1 week CD).

I know none of these are revolutionary, but I'm sure there could be some unique effects that Potions could create.