Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

About the M1 Macs Compatibility Update

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 10, 2016
Hello!

Is there any news about when would the Mac update be coming to Wizard101? It is currently almost unplayable on M1 Mac devices. Game freezes/lags/stutters so often and kicks me out after couple minutes of playing. I have no option to get Big Sur update since these new M1 Max and Pro chips only use MacOS Monterey, and a different architecture (arm). I have not been able to play the game and my membership is being wasted at the moment. I don't mind waiting as long as I know it's being worked on but is there any way that you can give me an estimate on how or when would it be coming out? Also I don't want to pay for Crossover or Parallels just to be able to play the game, so waiting for/getting the update is my priority.

thanks for the effort you guys put into this game, and I acknowledge that you are a relatively smaller company so it may not be your priority. However, in the past couple years, updates for MacOS optimizations came in January and I wanted to know how long would it take from now on?

Kind regards from an old player,