Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lemuria Teaser Spell Thoughts (Potentially Spoilery)

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 16, 2014
My opinion and prediction of the spells is based on the fact that Lemuria combines the worlds wizards have seen across the spiral, and what I saw after pausing on the Death version of the spell.

They all seems like single-target shadow-enchanted hits, but based on the pattern so far with the alternating 5+ pip “Single<->AoE” groups the Storm, Myth, and Death spells are likely single-target hits while the Fire, Ice, Life, Balance are likely AoEs.

The spells are likely based on worlds in the spiral. The Storm spell would be Marleybone, the Ice spell would be Polaris, and surprisingly (but makes sense) the Death spell is based on Dragonspyre. There seems to be a “Location & Theme” theme for these spells.
(Timestamps are based on the video uploaded by Kingsisle Entertainment on YouTube)

[0:52] (Laboratory Spell) = Polaris
In Polaris, not only did we find a laboratory in the last pre-quest, but the symbol is literally on the screen of the raygun [0:53], and is most likely the same one that froze Stallion Quartermane.
- With this info, I believe that the spell likely be Ice’s multi-round stun.

[0:27] (City Spell) = Marleybone
What can I say, this spell represents Marleybone to a T (pun intended). The dresswear, Old London background, and even a monochrome Old One to represent the era. Not to mention the electricity surging around him.
- However I didn’t see nor pinpoint any hints to what the gimmick might be for this spell.

[0:38] (Chess Spell) = Avalon
I didn’t know what this spell could be until I realised the Old One took the Queen piece [~0:38.5]. That’s when it become very obvious the spell is based on Avalon, and furthermore likely the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland. Why a chess piece instead of a card? I can’t remember which movie it was, but one (or all of them) had the soldiers/knights as chess pieces (not to mention the chess timer being added to PvP). Avalon fits very closely to this theme, which led me to believe these guesses may be close to the actual basis.
- I can’t even imagine what this spell is going to be like, but if I had to guess it may be a hit & summon a random chess piece or a specific one. If it is random, hopefully their strength is based on the point system (pawn-1, knight/bishop-3, castle-5, queen-9). If not random, hopefully it’s actually meta-mob strong.

[0:47] (Jungle Spell) = Azteca or Zafaria?
This spell is obviously based on Tarzan, however there is both a prehistoric and a modern version of the story. With the prehistory version, the spell most likely represents Azteca. With the modern version, the spell mostly likely represents Zafaria.
- Can’t tell what the spell will be like (nor which world) since the Old One was just swinging on vines in the teaser trailer.

[0:42] (Tome Spell) = Dragonsypre
If you pause at [0:43], you will see the ;eft-page reads “DRAGONSPYRE”. I’m not sure if the page will be turn later in the animation, but after thinking about it there really is not a Death-themed world and the one that comes closest is Dragonspyre. This is due it being Malistaire’s home world, the countless undead throughout the world, and Dragonspyre being the “lore and archive” world filled with ancient texts and most likely forbidden spells and rituals.
- Speaking of rituals, if I remember correctly the Krokonomicon was taken by Death in Dragonspyre after we defeated Malistaire. Considering it’s a tome, a Very Old One, mentions Dragonspyre, and what appears to be the Dragon Titan on the right-page, it’s not a farfetched thought… but if so, who will we be summoning/reviving [0:44-0:45 two “entities” come out of the book] and what will it do? This spell will likely be a drain since the last two shadow-enchanted spells were not.

[0:36] (Sword Spell) = Mirage
I feel like I should talk about why this is not the Myth spell rather than the countless indications of it being the Balance spell. Yes, yes; pulling sword from ground -> Excalibur -> Legend -> Myth, I get it. However even with this train of though, Excalibur makes the user invincible which could be stated as “putting the body in a frozen state” which deals with manipulation of time & space. This brings us back to Mirage with the Chronoverge and the Sands of Time. And going along this thought process, the spell could even be referencing Prince of Persia but with the Balanceblade instead of a dagger. They both have a gemstone imbedded in the blade above the hilt as well. Also noting the fact that in the trailer the sword was stuck in sand which is a lot easier to pull out than stone/rock.
- What the spell will do I have absolutely no idea but I am anxious to see, especially if it is a reference to Prince of Persia .

[N/A] (not shown) = Krokotopia or Zafaria
Since there was not a reveal of the Fire spell, this is purely speculation based on what I think the other spells were based on. The only worlds that would fit the Fire theme are Krokotopia and Zafaria, however I personally think Krokotopia gives more options for another unique spell animation, like the other spells, than Zafaria would. A suntanning Old one would be pretty funny.
- Lo and behold Fire has does not have a shadow-enchanted DoT, so the spell probably will be one. (the thought of it scares me )