Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team up "go now" option

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 30, 2015
I'd love to see an option on the Team Up UI (maybe a button?) where I could click "go now", then if all of the people in the queue click that button, the 2 min timer is eliminated and you go directly into the dungeon.

I've been helping a lot of one-person teams and the 2 min timer is a killer when it's obvious that no one else will join the random boss fight, especially if the person who started Team Up has waited for a while.

Variations:
I can see if the other members of the queue have clicked the button.
I even if everyone does click, timer doesn't go away immed, but drops to 15 seconds (or something like that) for a last second add.

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
markopolo100 on Oct 23, 2021 wrote:
I'd love to see an option on the Team Up UI (maybe a button?) where I could click "go now", then if all of the people in the queue click that button, the 2 min timer is eliminated and you go directly into the dungeon.

I've been helping a lot of one-person teams and the 2 min timer is a killer when it's obvious that no one else will join the random boss fight, especially if the person who started Team Up has waited for a while.

Variations:
I can see if the other members of the queue have clicked the button.
I even if everyone does click, timer doesn't go away immed, but drops to 15 seconds (or something like that) for a last second add.
Another function to add to this would be a "Team Up chat" so you can start planning while you wait for others, or tell the host to change from 4-players to 2/3-players as you can solo/duo the battle or no others are likely to join.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
I cannot agree with the OP on this one.

I do agree with John Hawkstone.

I've been Teaming-Up to farm Hallowe'en wands and always try to preset a message for the moment team-up starts. So I need those 2 minutes to get my message set up. Those 2 minutes also help me bring my dual boxer wizard to join. It also helps prep for the team-up.

Having a team up chat would be helpful. I've proposed Dungeon Chat idea many times which would link up everyone in the same dungeon. Please find one of my many posts on that to see how it would work. Team Up chat could be a part of dungeon chat or it's own thing. I like it.

The 2 minute timer is a chance for other players, who may also need help with that fight, to join the team.

We've talked about adding Team Up chat several times. We may add that someday.

Arthur (Gary)

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Yes, I like both ideas. It's so annoying when someone puts the 4 option for somewhere in Krok or even Mooshu it's like dude, any max could sneeze accidentally and this would be over. It makes it so that those queue's are even longer of a wait.

I'd honestly be okay if the option to require 4 people isn't even a thing unless you enable it in your game settings and then have to click it on team up or to limit it till the start of the 3rd Arc.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
exp613 on Nov 2, 2021 wrote:
Yes, I like both ideas. It's so annoying when someone puts the 4 option for somewhere in Krok or even Mooshu it's like dude, any max could sneeze accidentally and this would be over. It makes it so that those queue's are even longer of a wait.

I'd honestly be okay if the option to require 4 people isn't even a thing unless you enable it in your game settings and then have to click it on team up or to limit it till the start of the 3rd Arc.
Team up has changed recently and high level wizards now cannot join every place seeking help.
I want it put back so anyone can help everyone.

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
stemogstel on Nov 2, 2021 wrote:
I cannot agree with the OP on this one.

I do agree with John Hawkstone.

I've been Teaming-Up to farm Hallowe'en wands and always try to preset a message for the moment team-up starts. So I need those 2 minutes to get my message set up. Those 2 minutes also help me bring my dual boxer wizard to join. It also helps prep for the team-up.

Having a team up chat would be helpful. I've proposed Dungeon Chat idea many times which would link up everyone in the same dungeon. Please find one of my many posts on that to see how it would work. Team Up chat could be a part of dungeon chat or it's own thing. I like it.
This is why it would only work if everyone chose it. If you need those two minutes, perfect, take them. But if everyone is ready to go, it would be nice to be able to make it go a little faster rather than staring at the count down.

I understand the point of the timer, but keeping those people stuck line who are already there, making them wait for a hypothetical person who *might* also need the dungeon seems to be privileging the hypothetical person over the players who just want to get the dungeon done.