Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New to Hatching Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2021
Hello!

Its been some time since I played the game. Now that I got adult money, I'm just spending it on here lol. Anyways, I tried to hatch a Red Ghost as a pet and got something else. Does the hatchery not give you the pet you try to hatch? Is it just a chance?

Thanks!

Administrator
queenjelly626 on Aug 17, 2021 wrote:
Hello!

Its been some time since I played the game. Now that I got adult money, I'm just spending it on here lol. Anyways, I tried to hatch a Red Ghost as a pet and got something else. Does the hatchery not give you the pet you try to hatch? Is it just a chance?

Thanks!
Hi QueenJelly! Yes, so when you hatch a pet you will either get your original pet's body back or the body of the pet you hatched with. There's no guarantee on which one you will receive. Just keep trying! I hope this helped! Good luck!

Survivor
Aug 12, 2021
Ohh, I see. How about the stats that it shows? I picked a Red Ghost with some stats that I think is good. Did that transfer over to the new pet or is that also a chance?

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
queenjelly626 on Aug 17, 2021 wrote:
Hello!

Thanks!
Instead of using the hatchery, I suggest you use the hatching booth just outside in the pet pavilion. That way you can look thru the pets available and pick the ones with the stats you want. after you do this a few times, the stats will begin to breed true and eventually end up with a really good pet. It took me almost 2yrs to finally get a pet with 6 maycasts so it won't be overnight but the rewards are well worth it.