Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

make spell drops better

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
imagine, you farm loremaster for 6 hours on your life wizard. All you want is piggies, and finally, after all that grinding, you get it: *Brimstone Revenant*

Not only is this not the spell you wanted, but it's a spell you needed on your fire character but you just happen to be farming on a different character.

I had 2 solutions to this, but one of them seems like it's broken at the moment.
My first idea is very simple and probably the better solution: Make spell drops account wide. If I get piggies on my fire, i would get it on every wizard on my account at that time (but not wizards made after the drop). But I have spent literal days/weeks worth of time farming for spells and I have almost none of the spells I want on the right characters, and it makes me want to play the game less and less after spending SOO much time working towards a seemingly unachievable goal.
You can make this only effect spell drops from bosses, not from packs. Id say you could also make the drop rate for spells a little lower to balance it out but its already far lower than it should be so I think the drop rate should stay as is.

My second idea I think would work better but yall need to fix a bug in your game before implementing it. See there are a handful of loremaster spells available from other fights, so I would make it a habit to get all of them on a wizard before I farm loremaster. (Goat monk, samoorai, ninja pigs). However all of the wizards I unlocked any of the loremaster spells on through anything other than farming loremaster herself have disappeared. I lost goat monk on 3 wizards and samoorai on one. My idea WAS to give everyone loremaster spell a small chance to drop from a normal boss somewhere in the game so you can farm for specific spells instead of getting 12 spells on the wrong character, but I don't trust the devs to implement that now.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Since the dev added the spellmdnt mechanics loremaster is under investigation too see how correct the global deception of the drops.
Something like dropping spellement and once 35 you can craft it on any wizard via shared bank