Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New summer spells test realm!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 30, 2020
I like that the devs are showing love towards schools by introducing more utility spells that can prove useful.
Changes to minions are also helpful and will be of more use. Gonna rank the use of each spells from top to least of my favorites addition, so this is just my own personal opinion.

- Monster Mash- This one stands out as obviously the best of the bunch. Now having a spell than can do 1150 at max upgrade with enchant. death can finally do a great amount of damage if the opponent has any negative debuff.(Good luck spending money for those max tier spellements)

-Thunderman- Ranking this one as second because this was badly needed for storm to keep up with bubble changes. With the added changes to minions and being able to bubble also adds more utility to its kit.

-Frost feather- while the damage is abysmal for an 4 pip spell the utility adds back that 35% bubble we always got annoyed about on ice. But seeing ice is a heavy bladed dependent school I don't see it as good as storm but still rank it 3rd.

-Inferno Salamander- This spell does a decent amount of damage on the dot part and when fully upgraded, it can be a real menace doing around 750 on the dot part or 900 damage with solar surge. Not the mention the initial hit does 245 or 395 enchanted, so you DO NOT what to get hit by this wide open. I place this bellow ice and storm only because Triage is widely accessible and brace also minimize dot damage as well. If it wasnt for that id argue this spell would be on par with monster mash as its doing 1145 total damage for 6 pips on a non-shadow enhanced spell on a damage class yea. (good luck spending money on this spell also for max tier upgrade spellements).

- Golem taunt- I personally find this spell useless for two reasons. 1. Even if this minion with the new taunt mechanic that forces you to attack the minion, it does not prevent the opponent from using self isolated moves such as blading, shielding etc. It has low health which means it can be one shot by a wand hit and people might be forgetting that aoe spells can bypass most of these pacify and taunt mechanics.

2. For this spell to actually have some kind of good use Id recommend reworking it completely. Change it to summon 2 golems with 250 health each that has taunt but also has blades traps and hits for 4 pips.
Having it as an enchant just clogs up more room in the deck for taking 2 spells to do nothing. I don't see why myth can't get this since its apart of their schools main identity.

-Sprite Swarm- Useless- kindly give us another useful spell please! we don't need anymore heals and a aoe dot heal it not even remotely good. We also have swan for that. With pigsie , unicorn buff and op rebirth enough is enough with the heals. What we need is a low pip dot damage spell give us that instead.

-Obsidian colossus-Semi useless- After seeing lore master gutted to the ground I don't think giving balance a 5 pip spell that does 375 damage and a weakness fixes anything. Luminous weaver does around the same for 4 pips. You guys can do better with this. Give balance something that they won't have the need to rely on mana burn so much. Something with a new mechanic or perhaps give it a 25% bubble changer and weakness at the same time for that damage and pip cost?

Just my 2 cent on this one. Keeping it all peaceful here other than that, good job well done!