Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Upcoming World Gear Changes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
I came to this idea today and think it should be changed for the new world.

I think when the next world launches that the gear in terms of damage/critical and resist/critical block gear can be swapped. For example here are some ideas.

Hat: Resist/Critical block
Robe: Damage/Critical
Boots: Resist/Critical block
Wand: A new staple healing wand or a new wand with 1 or 2 resist with shadow rating
Athame: Like Heartsteel but with more health, pip chance, mana, and at least 2 sockets
Amulet: Critical/Pip conserve, maybe a little pierce too
Ring: Resist ring like Elissa's Chill Band but with more health, mana, pip chance, maybe one more resist (4 total)

I think these would make a good addition to the game. Let me know your thoughts about my idea!

Survivor
Jun 19, 2019
I think this is a great idea because the last critical and damage robe we use mainly is from Darkmoor at level 100. Which is 40 levels ago. Brigade is 125 while not all schools use it, it's still a powerful robe. Assuming the next max level is 150, it might be another type of damage/critical robe gear. I think that updating very old gear is good! Especially with what you said about heartsteel because all it gives is like 50 health and that's it. With what you said here is what I'm at:

Hat: resist and crit block
Robe: damage and crit
Boots: resist and crit block
Wand: Maybe 20% outgoing healing with +15 shadow rating or a wand with 2% resist with 100% crit block with 5 incoming healing.
Athame: Like heartsteel- 450 health, 150 mana, 5% universal resist for storm, myth, fire, and death. 6% for balance and life, 7% for ice, and universal 15% pip chance.

Amulet: 45 crit, 70 pip conserve, and 5 pierce
Ring: Like elissa's chill band- 500 health, 150 mana, 30 critical block, 2% universal resist for storm, myth, fire and death, 3% for balance and life, 4% for ice, and a universal 14% pip chance

Deck: maybe have like 2 damage for each school with critical and health.

All these with some ideas of my own on how it could work if like you said, the normal gear meta was swapped for the next world. Also all these gear would support other schools roles and identity respectively! Love the idea and would enjoy seeing this. Also would love if they made pve resist back to where it was if we are going to have new top tier resist gear. Same goes for damage if they are adding a new robe.

Cheers!