Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reroll Pet Trait Option + Buying Pet Stats?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 22, 2017
Say you get this very lovely pet and trained it past Adult.
Suddenly it failed! You've been there, I've been there. The person who is also reading this has been there. We all have been there!

We've struggled and grinded out. Probably have had 10+ hatches but that one trait always manages to stick. It's annoying, you've probably spent hours working on this pet for it to be perfect yet it still fails.

What I'm suggesting is You can reroll the traits of an individual pet. Pick up to 3 traits and reroll them! Costing between 200-600 crowns. That's 200 crowns per reroll. Whatever they reroll too is what they stick to and you can no longer reroll them.
Or you could reroll them as many times as you'd like till you get what you want from the traits you've gotten costing the same every time.

Lets say you've got this wonderful pet, but the stats the pet has is too low .

I suggest we can buy our pets stats based off of how much we need it to rise? Costing 10 crowns per stat point.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
What you're suggesting sounds very dangerous to me. Pet breeding has always been one part skill and one part luck. What is sounds like your suggesting is introducing a way to put in money and make the luck go away.

I think that failing pets could be considered a problem, but throwing crowns at the problem shouldn't be the answer. This leads to the pay-to-win complaints that many complain about. Pet breeding directly impacts ALL PvP and ALL PvE.

If there is going to be a way to do some form of "Re-roll" then it should have a cost beyond crowns. Maybe your pet is reset to baby? Maybe you can't feed it snacks of a particular school? Maybe you can no longer feed it mega snacks? There are all sorts of balancing mechanics that could be applied, but it sound like you want the door to be opened to throw money at the problem.

I don't see ANY problems with breeding a pet in the current system. Its fair and balanced. Free to play players are only slowed by the time they can spend on it, and 10 hatches is about where I actually start paying attention to what's going on with my pet abilities anyway.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2017
rest on Feb 25, 2021 wrote:
What you're suggesting sounds very dangerous to me. Pet breeding has always been one part skill and one part luck. What is sounds like your suggesting is introducing a way to put in money and make the luck go away.

I think that failing pets could be considered a problem, but throwing crowns at the problem shouldn't be the answer. This leads to the pay-to-win complaints that many complain about. Pet breeding directly impacts ALL PvP and ALL PvE.

If there is going to be a way to do some form of "Re-roll" then it should have a cost beyond crowns. Maybe your pet is reset to baby? Maybe you can't feed it snacks of a particular school? Maybe you can no longer feed it mega snacks? There are all sorts of balancing mechanics that could be applied, but it sound like you want the door to be opened to throw money at the problem.

I don't see ANY problems with breeding a pet in the current system. Its fair and balanced. Free to play players are only slowed by the time they can spend on it, and 10 hatches is about where I actually start paying attention to what's going on with my pet abilities anyway.
I see your concern, I understand. however I can't see it really affecting PvE considering it's just mobs and questing. I can see it greatly affecting PvP. but PvP is an ongoing concern as is on it's own. You'd be right to call this idea a pay to win feature, You could take out the crown idea and use gold instead. but the reroll system can only happen once per pet. thus removing the pay to win mechanic and removing being able to abuse this feature. still keeping it with Luck and Skill.

I pay attention from the start with traits, however sometimes hatching in the kiosk can be a little dangerous because you never know what kind of box of chocolates you're going to be getting at the end of the day.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
In an informal poll I conducted on the Wizard101 Reddit page about what microtransaction would be most OK with players. Pet Talent ReRoll was #1.