Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KingsIsle, please give us a wand that looks like a crossbow.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I've been working out a plan for a castle built out of castle blocks, and one bit of decoration I am after are crossbows I can place next to the inside of my defensive arrow loopholes, so it looks like they are ready for defenders to snatch them up and drive off besiegers. Unfortunately there don't seem to be any crossbows currently in the game. For my purposes, a housing item will do, but it seems to me if you are going to work out the art you might as well make it a wand and get double duty.

Googling shows two old crossbow entries in the wiki, the dwarven crossbow and the witch hunter's arbalest. It appears both have been retired. Would you please either bring one of those back or add a new crossbow wand, possibly reusing one of the old art images?

I realize there are several bows in the game, but it isn't the same. In the real world, crossbows ruled in sieges and bows ruled in the open field. My defenders need proper siege equipment.

While you are at it, it would be nice if there were a housing item appearing to provide ammunition, a basket/barrel/quiver of arrows/crossbow bolts to set near the arrow slits.