Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New crit system

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 20, 2011
I’m not sure which category to put this in but since it came out with karamelle i thought I’d try here.

I was checking out different gear setups to see how much healing I can do with the new. Crit system. Does this make sense to you?. It’s like all the hard work I put in to getting the best healing gear I could find is completely worthless! Cause it doesn’t seem to matter anymore.

418 crit, 154% outgoing =3,032

529 crit, 154% outgoing = 3,159

490 crit, 159% outgoing = 3,324

655 crit, 131% outgoing = 2,980

221 crit, 183% outgoing 3,162

Administrator
pinerat on Nov 20, 2020 wrote:
I’m not sure which category to put this in but since it came out with karamelle i thought I’d try here.

I was checking out different gear setups to see how much healing I can do with the new. Crit system. Does this make sense to you?. It’s like all the hard work I put in to getting the best healing gear I could find is completely worthless! Cause it doesn’t seem to matter anymore.

418 crit, 154% outgoing =3,032

529 crit, 154% outgoing = 3,159

490 crit, 159% outgoing = 3,324

655 crit, 131% outgoing = 2,980

221 crit, 183% outgoing 3,162
This category is fine! We've been making tweaks to the system since this post was made. Let us know what you think of the latest!

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
The new changes to critical, especially the healing, really really irritates me and makes all the hard work, money invested and time making pets all for nothing. Critical has been officially made obsolete and for what purpose? Part of my concern is the one in the million badge, elixir vitae and the new one in two million badge that I heard was released. Just how are these badges possible when critical is just a term used with no real result showing from the damage or heals that are made? It seems that they are flat damage/heals without any critical applied despite our gear or pets. Tweaking critical rates to happen more often or at lower critical ratings were fine, but I don’t see how what has happened to critical is improving the game. We can now focus on damage and stop worrying about criticals, great, but honestly, the time, effort and money put into the game to get our stats I am sure has left some of us resentful, I know I am. I have the elixir vitae badge on my balance with three different gear sets; resist/outgoing, critical outgoing, and pure outgoing with outgoing ranging from 135-170. After the changes, where I used to be able to pull off a 8000 satyr or 12000 rebirth with buffs, I can only manage maybe a 3000 depending on the persons outgoing though it was a critical. And then there is my immune ice wizard who has virtually nothing for outgoing but 35 critical pulling off 1100-1300 satyrs. Since when does a jade with very low outgoing/critical pull off a critical?! Basically critical is a huge joke now. You guys seriously need to figure things out and balance critical to what it should be. I really don’t see how anything was broken to have to change things when you could have simply release a world with enemies with high resist or block and leave the rest alone. If this change was to what you thought was to improve pvp, you could have just changed critical effects while inside the ring.

I just don’t understand how this new system works or how it is improving the game. All I know is that after all the hard work I put into my 7 max wizards over the years have all been for nothing and can no longer reach their full capabilies/potential. My healing balance wizard is forever broken.