Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm starting a balance, what's the best pet?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
I started a balance and I need some advice on a decent pet. Gold cost is no objection, I can fish in an aero village for gold.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
I really like the Clockwork Paladin. I have one on my almost-legendary balance, and it's super helpful. Check the kiosk, and look for a Paladin that offers proof, defy, and some damage. Most are all resist pets, but every once in a while, you find one that adds a little damage. If you like, I can hatch with you. Mine has proof, defy, adds health, damage and I think accuracy, but I could be wrong about that one.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
When creating any new wizard, regardless of school, it's safe to make a triple damage/double resist pet.
Since there wasn't any information provided on if you're soloing or questing with a team, I'm going to assume you're trying to solo If that being the case, I would recommend pets that give a blade card or self utility.
Ex.) Opossum, Enchanted Armament, Gobblerball and Rain Beetle

These are all really good pets going through the game since they will let you blade stack