Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are pre-enchanted TCs really being removed from game?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
For as long as I've been playing, it has been customary to enchant cards and put them in your side deck. That is helpful for both PvE and PvP. As far as I can tell, that is the almost only reason to even have a side deck.

I have heard that soon we will no longer be able to enchant cards for our side deck any more.

As others have said, that would drastically change the game and increase the effect of RNG.

Is this really going to happen?

How do players feel about it?

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
Liam Swiftwalker on May 20, 2020 wrote:
For as long as I've been playing, it has been customary to enchant cards and put them in your side deck. That is helpful for both PvE and PvP. As far as I can tell, that is the almost only reason to even have a side deck.

I have heard that soon we will no longer be able to enchant cards for our side deck any more.

As others have said, that would drastically change the game and increase the effect of RNG.

That's news to me. I depend a LOT on the pre-enchanted cards and if I can't use them anymore, I'll consider it a game-breaker.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018

That's what the devs want to do and literally nobody over 500 rank wants that to happen. From the looks of it, they are trying to cater to the players who have met with less success [think the level 119 Fire wizards who just finished Polaris who use Nature's Wrath TC they bought from the bazaar and have the tier 3 darkmoor boots and level 80 bundle gear for their hat and robe and have a pet with balance-eye and life-giver], and complain when they lose to skilled players who know how to work the meta.

There's a saying that goes "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" and that encompasses this game's PvP entirely. I get that they want to remove the barrier to entry, but you can honestly probably go as far as Veteran with the budget gear from above if you use enchanted TC and have a bit of general knowledge from the game and try to copy strats that YouTubers use. A fair amount of the bigger tubers aren't that great at PvP but they aren't 300 rank, so anyone who copies them can probably win at least a few games. I hate to be the kind of guy that says "get with the program" but that's what PvP is all about. If you complain to the dev team instead of trying to think about why you lose games [although sometimes this is valid, went against a fire who got 2 shads in one shrike and was losing up til that point but then triple scorched, was on my storm so that was literally just game over. But for things like tc it's not a valid reason], then you probably shouldn't be trying to get into the PvP scene in this game.

Administrator
JewelKI on May 22, 2020 wrote:
That's what the devs want to do and literally nobody over 500 rank wants that to happen. From the looks of it, they are trying to cater to the players who have met with less success [think the level 119 Fire wizards who just finished Polaris who use Nature's Wrath TC they bought from the bazaar and have the tier 3 darkmoor boots and level 80 bundle gear for their hat and robe and have a pet with balance-eye and life-giver], and complain when they lose to skilled players who know how to work the meta.

There's a saying that goes "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" and that encompasses this game's PvP entirely. I get that they want to remove the barrier to entry, but you can honestly probably go as far as Veteran with the budget gear from above if you use enchanted TC and have a bit of general knowledge from the game and try to copy strats that YouTubers use. A fair amount of the bigger tubers aren't that great at PvP but they aren't 300 rank, so anyone who copies them can probably win at least a few games. I hate to be the kind of guy that says "get with the program" but that's what PvP is all about. If you complain to the dev team instead of trying to think about why you lose games [although sometimes this is valid, went against a fire who got 2 shads in one shrike and was losing up til that point but then triple scorched, was on my storm so that was literally just game over. But for things like tc it's not a valid reason], then you probably shouldn't be trying to get into the PvP scene in this game.
Hi JewelKI! I changed "CMs" to "devs". There is only one CM (Community Manager) and that is me. The devs do talk to the community on social, but they are designers, artists, etc., not CMs. Just want to avoid this potential confusion :).

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
JewelKI on May 22, 2020 wrote:

How do you know that "that's what the devs want to do?"

I'm thinking mainly of cards that I enchanted with TC like Garg and Unstoppable, not so much TC attacks. I suppose I would miss being able to use transmute Sprite to have Midnight Sprite in my side deck too.

Personally, I figure if I don't win it's because of a combination of me not playing well and luck of the draw. It is a card game, after all. I'm very happy to be winning a little more than half my matches now--maybe I am on the verge of figuring something out. It's actually kind of fun when I lose too. "Oops, I should have cast this instead of that," or "better pack one more blade next time" kind of thing.

I would just hate PvP to suddenly change into something I would have to learn all over again.

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
Sparck on May 22, 2020 wrote:
Hi JewelKI! I changed "CMs" to "devs". There is only one CM (Community Manager) and that is me. The devs do talk to the community on social, but they are designers, artists, etc., not CMs. Just want to avoid this potential confusion :).
I notice that you carefully DIDN'T answer the original question.
"Are pre-enchanted TCs really being removed from game?"

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014

please tell me this is a joke they can't be serious?

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
please stop making spellments for new spells.

KI has made an enormous error in eliminating the ablity to pre-enchant cards for which spellments exist.

This will destroy what is left of your loyal pvp base, and will create no new fans to replace them.

Please make it back to the way it was before, this is bad enough that it is sufficient reason to go find another game.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
Hi :) I too would be interested in knowing what KI's plans for enchanting treasure cards will be. Right now i am very confused . Ki puts on deckathalons which are a big attraction because of their decks. It makes it easier to have all your spells as tc's and it gives you extra life, damage and protection. To get to a higher level of deck takes a lot of hard work. People in Pvp have been doing all these deckathalons BUT if ki makes enchantments only allowed in game it will be ok for higher levels where their decks are bigger but the lower levels will suffer greatly. I think it should be an individual choice at what level you pvp. I have 8 characters that have worked their way through the timeline but i have other levels at which i pvp. It is very hard to do pvp without tc. we do it in classic tours. I for one have spent m,any hours farming loremaster and key bosses for spells.it is very hard to fit the cards you need into a small deck and be able to get them as you need them . I would really appreciate it if KI would reconsider. Give ice back the reindeer knight to enchant because in taking it away they have greatly hampered ice at lower levels when death who already has blades and can also enchant a blade giving them 2 types even before tc blades( which ice doesn't ) and can enchant deer. Not having enchantments will not level out pvp what needs to be done is set max resist for pvp pets at the gear stats plus proof and defy . This would give everyone a fair chance in pvp. The fact that ward and set pets exist is a sad thing because it is crazy to hit an enhanced tc and hardly touch your opponent. There should not be 85 resist to schools or even 65 % the max should be 50% for everyone to have. Just my thoughts but i hope ki actually makes people aware of what is going to happen. I dont want to work hard trying to get as high in these deckathalons if the decks will be useless to me Thank you all for listening

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Liam Swiftwalker on May 23, 2020 wrote:
How do you know that "that's what the devs want to do?"

I'm thinking mainly of cards that I enchanted with TC like Garg and Unstoppable, not so much TC attacks. I suppose I would miss being able to use transmute Sprite to have Midnight Sprite in my side deck too.

Personally, I figure if I don't win it's because of a combination of me not playing well and luck of the draw. It is a card game, after all. I'm very happy to be winning a little more than half my matches now--maybe I am on the verge of figuring something out. It's actually kind of fun when I lose too. "Oops, I should have cast this instead of that," or "better pack one more blade next time" kind of thing.

I would just hate PvP to suddenly change into something I would have to learn all over again.
The designers like Mattnetic and Ratbeard want to make things easier for PvE players which I heavily disagree with. By making things easier for those people who run bazaar gear you hurt the people with a lot of rank. No good game designer should listen to the people with negative win/loss. They should instead listen to the people who have ranked up very high on multiple schools [think Shun Ray, Blake, etc] despite the extremely high number of unbalanced spells and stats. I like that they have been listening to our community a little bit more recently, but I think they need to pay better attention. When we asked for a Lore nerf, they heard us, but instead of lowering the damage by around 100 and removing the mantle like plenty of people have asked, they completely killed off the spell by nuking the damage into the ground, lowering and not removing the mantle, and then lowering the weakness. This contributed to Balance's very fast fall from grace and now there's discussion that Balance, after the three spell nerfs, has become the #7 school for PvP at all levels, falling even further than Storm. We asked for Guardian Spirit to be one use only and have it heal 10% of the player's health, without any influence from crit or heal boost. As I'm sure some of you know it just got straight up removed.

Bottom line I'm expecting them to slowly remove the ability to make TCs of hits, despite the fact that we need to do that in order to reduce RNG and keep us from losing games just because we can't pull one card when we need it. Even big youtubers don't like it. It's how it's always been and a change like this is definitely not good for this game.