Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to fix the Deckathalons

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 15, 2009
A lot of people are irritated about the fact that deckathalon entries are no longer infinite, which puts a serious hamper on people who want to get the pet before the event ends. I have been thinking on this since the Ice Deckathalon and i wanted to offer a change to the event.

KI, there is a way to make it so people who want to compete for the trophies can still do so without jeopardizing people's means of getting the deckathalon pet.

so rather than limit our attempts to 3 runs a day, allow players to run as many times each day as they want, but retain the 3 credits that will allow you to contribute towards your leaderboard score. This way people can still reach the pet, and still allow players to compete for the top spot for a trophy if they so desire. Everyone benefits from a change like that.

Defender
May 11, 2013
Samuel Wolfe on Feb 18, 2020 wrote:
A lot of people are irritated about the fact that deckathalon entries are no longer infinite, which puts a serious hamper on people who want to get the pet before the event ends. I have been thinking on this since the Ice Deckathalon and i wanted to offer a change to the event.

KI, there is a way to make it so people who want to compete for the trophies can still do so without jeopardizing people's means of getting the deckathalon pet.

so rather than limit our attempts to 3 runs a day, allow players to run as many times each day as they want, but retain the 3 credits that will allow you to contribute towards your leaderboard score. This way people can still reach the pet, and still allow players to compete for the top spot for a trophy if they so desire. Everyone benefits from a change like that.
This would be a good change and it would also take off a lot of stress with having to use alts for players who just got started on it and need to farm for the better Deck upgrades. ( right here ) Other games have Limited Entries credited while the entry it's self is not Limited, I see no real reason why it can't be done. Perhaps Spark could weigh in on this :D or maybe pass it along to the right group who works with it.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Samuel Wolfe on Feb 18, 2020 wrote:

Guys all these posts are not gonna change their minds trust me i've gone to even ratbeard himself and showed screenshots and such that people HATE the new changes added to ice and especially deaths and most of the hate is towards not getting the pet all ratbeard and sparck are gonna say is "if you want the pet earn it!" the real fact that ratbeard doesnt understand whatsoever is that were NOT asking for it to be dropped on our laps on a silver platter we want it to NOT be limited and have it be able to be done without limits i guarantee if there was a poll on what people were wanting to earn it'd be the pet as the majority in all honestly i thought it was fine that the pet was 750 heck if it was 1000 its still doable the point is i think its best if they were to make lets say a unlimited mode that virtually adds no points into going for that trophy so its not a broken way to get it then once you get the pet at either 750 or 1000 you cant do it any further than that just my thought on it