Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

toxic pvp strategy

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 20, 2012
there is a strategy in pvp i disagree with and that is stalling your opponent until they run out of cards, these people keep spamming weakness and shields, have insane ward pets and have no intend to hit so they carry heals and reshuffles. this behavior should be punished. its unfair and should not be a viable strategy. you can't even counter this people properly and its annoying when you lose rank against players like that. it requires no skill at all. this is very toxic in low level pvp especially.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2018
Stalling battle st... on Jan 13, 2020 wrote:
there is a strategy in pvp i disagree with and that is stalling your opponent until they run out of cards, these people keep spamming weakness and shields, have insane ward pets and have no intend to hit so they carry heals and reshuffles. this behavior should be punished. its unfair and should not be a viable strategy. you can't even counter this people properly and its annoying when you lose rank against players like that. it requires no skill at all. this is very toxic in low level pvp especially.
Hi there

I would have to disagree with you on that part.

1. balance have to shield spam to keep them alive element shields -50 spirit shields -50 tower -50 less it a tc tower -55.

It the only way balance can get enough pips to hit with.

It part of the game so it not really unfair less kingsisle takes those tc 45 blades out of the game.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Indeed what i don't understand is why commander gears stats are over the top with resist? The minute someone can boost to commander they can have said gears and potentially have 65%+ resist or more. Just imagine a level 30 with 55% resist, since the gear alone by themselves gives 35% resist combine with the heart of steel that's 40%. Now if you get a ward pet, your resist will sky rocket to 70% considering the 15% already from proof and defy added. Pierce is pretty much none existent in low level pvp , so you have to really on infallible spells.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Mikudoll on Feb 27, 2020 wrote:
Hi there

I would have to disagree with you on that part.

1. balance have to shield spam to keep them alive element shields -50 spirit shields -50 tower -50 less it a tc tower -55.

It the only way balance can get enough pips to hit with.

It part of the game so it not really unfair less kingsisle takes those tc 45 blades out of the game.
To clarify what he meant by turtle strategy, is pretty much having high end resist were pierce doesn't meet the half resist ratio. When this becomes a thing you can actually stall a match by playing hyper defensive and healing which would pretty much out source any school in the deck build department. Balance and life can do this exceptionally well.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
the point here is there's no counter until you unlock shrike (lvl 96~), and or use tc infall. basically low level there is not a counter. and so everyone low level mimics this gear set. then it boils down to strategy but the main strategy is what he mentioned. Very unbalanced. sadly kingsisle should see these kind of things coming and really the excuse is "well the player with the opitmal gear that was farmed or bought along with a strategy in mind whether its broken or not is not illegal, it's a strategy nonetheless and therefore we can't do much about it."

perhaps the solution is only allowing a SINGLE reshuffle? not just 1 per use.. but thats about the best they could allow. this would let the match be shorter but thats about it..