Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scion of Life bug?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
I'm not sure if it was changed but every time I try to use Scion of Life on a dead wizard it passes. Is it intentionally like this or is it a bug?

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
DjGhsotyLibra on Sep 24, 2019 wrote:
I'm not sure if it was changed but every time I try to use Scion of Life on a dead wizard it passes. Is it intentionally like this or is it a bug?
Ya this has happen to me a few times especially while i was in the sinbad gauntlet. I find it unusual since its suppose to be a satyr+spritely effect combine, which in my opinion is technically a revive spell.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
angellifeheart on Sep 24, 2019 wrote:
Ya this has happen to me a few times especially while i was in the sinbad gauntlet. I find it unusual since its suppose to be a satyr+spritely effect combine, which in my opinion is technically a revive spell.
Yeah I hope it gets fixed soon since it's already kind of bad how it is without reviving someone with it.

Administrator
Heal-over-time effects cannot be applied to defeated players. The way the spell works is that it applies a single heal to a designated target, then applies a HoT to allies. The only way to revive a defeated player with Scion of Life is to target them with the initial heal, which will bring them back, then it will apply the HoT to all allies.

If you target a non-defeated player with Scion of Life, the HoT application will not be assigned to the defeated player, because they are in turn defeated. Same reason you cannot trap or blade a defeated player.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Sparck on Sep 27, 2019 wrote:
Heal-over-time effects cannot be applied to defeated players. The way the spell works is that it applies a single heal to a designated target, then applies a HoT to allies. The only way to revive a defeated player with Scion of Life is to target them with the initial heal, which will bring them back, then it will apply the HoT to all allies.

If you target a non-defeated player with Scion of Life, the HoT application will not be assigned to the defeated player, because they are in turn defeated. Same reason you cannot trap or blade a defeated player.
Well thank you for sharing that beautiful update on now of a more lame and useless spell Mr Spark. Ill be sure to refrain from using it and use spells like pigsie and rebirth instead for better team heals and less pip cost . I believe the initial bug that was in question was the ability to revive said targeted person during the end of the fight that's where the bug stands, the fight just ends.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
Sparck on Sep 27, 2019 wrote:

I'm not sure I quite understand? It always does the initial heal first then the over time so it should revive them, should it not? The HoT isn't received on allies either, only the person that got healed.