Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friendship Forever Crowns Reward

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
let me get this straight KI wants us to spend 3990 Crowns to get a free gem pack that costs 399 crowns? so basically we are supposed to spend 3,591 crowns more than the pack is worth when you can just buy it for 399?
I'm sorry but what kind of deal is that?

Survivor
Jan 26, 2018
pawpaws on Feb 7, 2019 wrote:
let me get this straight KI wants us to spend 3990 Crowns to get a free gem pack that costs 399 crowns? so basically we are supposed to spend 3,591 crowns more than the pack is worth when you can just buy it for 399?
What kind of deal is that? Well, it's a deal you wouldn't get at any other point of the year.

Don't be ungrateful, it may be a lot but you do NOT have to spend any extra crowns to get it, it's just an added bonus if you do spend that much. Maybe you were gonna buy areas anyways. I just bought 5k crowns to buy the first few areas, then this deal came out and it's now an added incentive. Nothing changes what I was gonna do with the crowns.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Well, when you phrase it like that, it does sound a little "cheesy," especially given the fact that Pack-A-Palooza just finished.

But, in their defense, the deal is more so intended to advertise the new Valentine Items that has made their way into the Crown Shop.

If you noticed, every item, or at least most cost an upwards of 4,000 or so crowns. Meaning, if you buy one, KI will also give you a bonus Rockhammer Jewel Pack as a thank-you/token of your purchase.

Possibly it would've been better received if the pack was one of the player's choosing or even a Mega-Snack Pack.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
It's a benefit for anyone who would be spending 3990 crowns anyway and an incentive to anyone planning on spending crowns to do it now while they get a bonus item for every 3990c they spend. If you just want the pack you can buy the pack on its own, if you were buying multiple of them you will get an extra 1 every 10 you buy.

We get everything we spend the crowns on PLUS a free pack...we're not spending 3591 extra crowns for a pack.

With all the Friendship Festival items having just been added to the crown shop it's really nice timing for this reward. Anyone buying or gifting the mounts, new table and other fun items will get a bonus pack for every 3990 they spend. Participation is completely optional but it includes ALL crowns spent, so a lot of players will benefit from this. It's also not exclusively for members so crowns players will be able to enjoy it too.

It covers everything from buying things in the crown shop to stitching, potions and buying areas...it's a nice bonus

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I think it's just an incentive to get people to buy something now, which they were probably thinking about buying anyway. If they were thinking about buying one of the Friendship mounts for example, and thought, "Hey, if I buy it right now, I'll get some free gems too."

Administrator
No, it's on top of whatever you spend to begin with. The Crowns Reward is simply that, a Reward for spending that much Crowns on whatever you were going to spend it on anyway.