Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP balancing suggestions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
I recently got back into PVP and it seems to be ridiculously unbalanced and I have noticed Jade gear seems to have broken it and so have shadow spells like glow bugs, raging bull etc.. Also in team PvP whoever goes first almost always win and the team that goes second doesn't even get to cast sometimes. I have lost a ton of times simply becaue my team didn't get to cast first To fix this I feel like it should alternate people so you don't have a full team of people going first like in 4v4 if I go first I would cast and then it would switch to the first person of the opposing team and they would cast then it would switch back to the second person on my team etc. I don't really see a downside to implementing something like that for all team PvP. Also perhaps introducing stat maxes but every school has a stat max in a different area like storms outgoing damage stat max is higher than ice and ices resistance stat max is higher than storm etc. Also possibly banning shadow spells that are class based like glow bugs raging bull etc. or at least having people all gain shadow pips every x rounds instead of relying on random chance I have talked to others in game and most seem to think that most of these suggestions were good I remember when level 60 was the cap and PvP was really fun and way more balanced with a big community and I would really like to see that again. What do you all think of these suggestions and would you add anything else to the list?

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
Wizard101's battle system has been poorly designed from the start. Same side spells directed should be cast first and other side directed spells cast second. And other side spells make it through even if the caster dies. Then PvP would be even and fair. But life isn't fair so we are stuck with a horribly designed battle system.