Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet leveling changes.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2015
Hey. So I was wondering something. I've been playing Pirate101 and both Wizard101 and Pirate101 have pets. They function in almost the same capacity as far as providing buffs in battle. The thing I wonder though, is that why doesn't KingIsle move the pet mechanics from Pirate101 over to Wizard101. Now I'm not talking everything, just the passive over time pet activity. In pirate101 to level a pet you have it do a "task" so like in 5 minutes it'll complete and gain xp. You can then feed it for those special stats you want on there. The higher the level of the pet, the longer the task. The thing is, it's a great method. Makes it so that you can get a decent level pet while also questing or doing pvp or anything. In Wizard it's always a pain to do those minigames and yea you can get amazing food from farming and such, but you still need to do the minigame to feed it.
The only real negative I can see is that if someone wants to use some good food on a high level pet they will need to wait awhile to feed it, whereas with Wizard101's design you don't have to wait, but this would help the casual player get a high level pet.