Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Won't Equip (glitched)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 29, 2016
Hello guys, I am looking for anyone's advice for my current situation. What happened was I recently hatched a Furious Krokomummy () with a Ghulture () while at the hatchmaking kiosk in the pet pavilion. I got a Ghulture, which was the pet I was hoping to get. It was kind of a bitter sweet moment though, because after the Ghulture hatched it wouldn't let me equip it! I would click on equip pet and it would make the whistling sound as if I had equipped it, but the equip logo won't change from a closed hand to an open hand, and the Ghulture won't show up beside me. He is not just invisible either, I tried pressing equip on him and then went into a pet pavilion game and it says I need to equip a pet. The weird part is, it lets me equip all of my other pets. I've tried to restart my game and placing him down at my house and putting him back into my inventory but nothing is seeming to work. If anyone can give me a solution to this problem or just suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

-Thanks, Mason

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
MasonDuck2 on Nov 17, 2018 wrote:
Hello guys, I am looking for anyone's advice for my current situation. What happened was I recently hatched a Furious Krokomummy () with a Ghulture () while at the hatchmaking kiosk in the pet pavilion. I got a Ghulture, which was the pet I was hoping to get. It was kind of a bitter sweet moment though, because after the Ghulture hatched it wouldn't let me equip it! I would click on equip pet and it would make the whistling sound as if I had equipped it, but the equip logo won't change from a closed hand to an open hand, and the Ghulture won't show up beside me. He is not just invisible either, I tried pressing equip on him and then went into a pet pavilion game and it says I need to equip a pet. The weird part is, it lets me equip all of my other pets. I've tried to restart my game and placing him down at my house and putting him back into my inventory but nothing is seeming to work. If anyone can give me a solution to this problem or just suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

-Thanks, Mason
I think the Ghulture is a school only pet. We can obtain it from the kiosk on an off-school wizard for the purpose of collecting (we only get 6 wizards per account but there are 7 schools). Unfortunately this means you can't equip it on a wizard that is not Death school...BUT...all is not lost! There are solutions!

1. Move it to a death wizard to train it
2. Make a death baby wizard and move it to him/her to train it
3. Train it FROM YOUR BACKPACK via grub guardian on freekigames.com

If we do not have a death wizard and can not make a death wizard we can still train it through Grub Guardian if it is in our backpack. Just go to freekigames.com and log in using your wizard user and password (don't worry, this site belongs to KingsIsle, notice the site name breaks down to 'free' 'KI' 'games'). Go to tower defense games and select grub guardian. Select the death ghulture and earn your xp by playing the game and feeding snacks.

Note: you can not be logged into your wizard at the same time as you're logged into freekigames.com because it is training your pet in real time and affects the pet on your account

I hope this helps!