Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Trident Thoughts

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
Hello Wizards and graduates of Ravenwood. Tonight is officially the third day that I have been stuck at the Storm Trident. I have been through MANY different teams on Team Up and no one seems to have any clue as to how to beat him. I have seen other posts on the message boards asking for the Storm Trident boss to be nerfed and to be honest, I agree. I had a perfect team comp, we all played extremely well and made it to phase 2 of the battle where the minions come out, only for the minions to mass stun us which then led to the Trident using Trident Swing to deal 14,000 Shadow damage to my entire team! In what world is the Trident even considered a fair boss when the battle is ultimately decided whenever he gets his fifth shadow pip for the Trident Swing attack? The Trident isn't remotely a fair boss at all. I think Kingsisle workers need to look into this boss and please nerf him during the next game maintenance, because right now, at least 95% of the Wizard101 player base is stuck on him and as a result, can't progress and see how Arc 3 of the game ends. I've also known some players to start ending their memberships as a result of this boss because they are so frustrated with how difficult he is. In short, there needs to be some serious reworking and nerfing done to the Storm Trident before I even consider going on my max Storm again. Also, for the love of everything that is good, please don't make the battle so reliant on teams having a Death Jade with Bad Juju and a Life to heal. I think that all classes and all team comps deserve a fair, optimal chance at winning, not just which team has the Death Jade with Juju and the Life Jade with heals. I'm currently very unhappy with the current state of the Storm Titan and I know Kingsisle caters to their players. Hopefully, Kingsisle hears our pleas and gives the Storm Trident the nerfs he needs to make him a beatable boss. I understand that we need to be challenged at level 130 in the upper level worlds, but in the case of the Storm Trident, Kingsisle went too far in terms of difficulty. Sparck, if you're reading this, please tell the Kingsisle team to do something about this boss to make it a more fair battle for every team comp. Everyone should have a fighting chance against him and the battle shouldn't be decided whenever the boss gets his fifth shadow pip and uses Trident Swing. I have spent more than a week stuck on the Trident and at this point, it's repetitive to keep trying when the end result is my entire team dying. I'm so frustrated with how the Storm Trident came out, please rework him. Thanks and have a great day/night.

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Visionary Diviner, Lore Spell and Pet Enthusiast)
Blaze DreamBlade (Level 20 Conjurer)

Explorer
Jan 11, 2013
Don't worry, I've seen plenty of people holding the opinion that the Titan's Trident is way too hard. Imo, an easy way to fix this is to simply nerf his base damage, but I think it would be nice to see if this thread could blossom into a debate on how wiz should handle difficulty going forward.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
Hello!

Do not fret! All you have to do is spam Bad Juju's at the boss, and you should get a strong fire with good damage and good critical, as well as a life!
The death will spam Bad Juju's, which will weaken the Shadow Attack by a ton! You can also get another school with a storm mastery to spam Storm Dispels so he can't attack you!
For the fire, blade them up really good so they can hit with a Rain Of Fire! Why Rain Of Fire? Because it's a DOT, and all the blades will stay along with the DOT for as long as it's on the boss, and it's an easy way to get the Chaos Heart!
I hope this helped!

-TiffanyHex

Explorer
Nov 21, 2011
For now, i'd definitely advise teaming with a Fire wizard who is packing Rain of Fire. If you buff them up enough, they can rip through multiple stages of the fight in one attack. You might need someone else to keep the minions pinned, but it's the closest thing i've found to a working strategy. Stay on your toes with the swing move, have one person flee if they have to. (Make sure they rejoin just as they see the swing move hit!) Better for one person to survive and keep the progress, instead of having everyone be downed at once by the swing move and lose it.

But even with that in mind, the swing move and the grab move definitely need a nerf.

I've seen plenty of Storm wizards flee, pop a potion, and return to the fight, only to immediately be instakilled by the grab move when they return. This isn't as bad if you have higher resist (it takes away about half my health most of the time, and i'm running a relatively tanky Fire wizard), but it's worse when you realize that if it's used outside of the late cheat, it can potentially critical and do double the already extreme damage.

You can at least prepare for the swing move, as the boss always does it when he reaches 5 shadow pips. You can try to shield for it since it will come a few turns after the Storm Titan pulls up the trident, but you're in a heap of trouble if he pulls a double whammy and does the lasers at the same time.

I can understand the fight being difficult (after all, our tiny wizards are going up against something 50 times their size!), but some of those cheats are definitely overkill.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2011
Mirandaassassin II on Nov 14, 2018 wrote:
For now, i'd definitely advise teaming with a Fire wizard who is packing Rain of Fire. If you buff them up enough, they can rip through multiple stages of the fight in one attack. You might need someone else to keep the minions pinned, but it's the closest thing i've found to a working strategy. Stay on your toes with the swing move, have one person flee if they have to. (Make sure they rejoin just as they see the swing move hit!) Better for one person to survive and keep the progress, instead of having everyone be downed at once by the swing move and lose it.

But even with that in mind, the swing move and the grab move definitely need a nerf.

I've seen plenty of Storm wizards flee, pop a potion, and return to the fight, only to immediately be instakilled by the grab move when they return. This isn't as bad if you have higher resist (it takes away about half my health most of the time, and i'm running a relatively tanky Fire wizard), but it's worse when you realize that if it's used outside of the late cheat, it can potentially critical and do double the already extreme damage.

You can at least prepare for the swing move, as the boss always does it when he reaches 5 shadow pips. You can try to shield for it since it will come a few turns after the Storm Titan pulls up the trident, but you're in a heap of trouble if he pulls a double whammy and does the lasers at the same time.

I can understand the fight being difficult (after all, our tiny wizards are going up against something 50 times their size!), but some of those cheats are definitely overkill.
I did the Storm Titan on my death. we got through to the ending where the end is to fight the Aeyther Titan and win. What frustrates me is that when you go out your quest book says to do it all over again. What Kingsisle needs to is to stop all these glitches from happening and make us enjoy the game.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
I did it with my storm wizard with the million strategy, but this one is no longer available. but we tried a strategy that nearly worked:
3 storm boost themselves to do 40 000 and one death focus on juju and dark pact (7 blades + one prism or shadow shrike + 8 blades)
- need less than 10 turn so if you have little luck, he doesn't reach 5 shadows pip
- try to have the hand that necessary to counter -40 or shield (don't forget that he remove his own shield when he stomp the trident)
-with that strategy the minions cause no troubles

- and if that fails, you lost 10 min no more

Yes, that depend a lot of luck, but none of us are Jade wearing we lost because the last wizard done 32000 damages cause of prism won't show up (yes, my deck never helps me) and he has just reached 5 shadows (the other made 52000 and 41000).

You can replace storms by fire, but the advantage of the storm is that he boost myth (prism and supercharge (50% is enough no need to waste time and life to reach over 70%.

(For my fellows storms masters, Scion of Storm doesn't double if he has a blade so if he has one owl or Rusalka are better choices )

so yes storm need to be nerfed but you can beat him.

NB: I've heard that all wizard even dead at the end of the fight will receive the reward if they are in the duel i don't have proof but maybe someone can say more about that.

Kane GoldenFlammes; Visionary Diviner, Hero of light and shadows, Scion of Torrence(Bartleby), master of the storms
and all others GoldenFlammes, Students of Ravenwood

Explorer
Nov 11, 2010
I beat him with a random team the first time doing it.Im life ,I loaded up with heals and storm shields and 3 guardian spirits.We had a Death wizard with bad JuJu and as soon as I could I put guardian spirit and stun block on him.The balance had blades for our fire wizard I also put storm shields on fire wizard and stun block.The bad juju kept him from full blasting us at every also someone should have re shuffle just in case death runs out of cards using bad juju every turn.After getting loaded with many blades fire hit him with a spell that causing harm multi time,It was that heck hound.I only had to use a large heal once with small heals.I can say you need a good death wizard with bad juju or else you just toast for storm. Those storm shields come in handy when death is using bad JuJu,no one died on my team and the fight was over in 15 minuets or less.Work together as a team is the key.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
crimsonreaper5 on Nov 13, 2018 wrote:
Hello Wizards and graduates of Ravenwood. Tonight is officially the third day that I have been stuck at the Storm Trident. I have been through MANY different teams on Team Up and no one seems to have any clue as to how to beat him. I have seen other posts on the message boards asking for the Storm Trident boss to be nerfed and to be honest, I agree. I had a perfect team comp, we all played extremely well and made it to phase 2 of the battle where the minions come out, only for the minions to mass stun us which then led to the Trident using Trident Swing to deal 14,000 Shadow damage to my entire team! In what world is the Trident even considered a fair boss when the battle is ultimately decided whenever he gets his fifth shadow pip for the Trident Swing attack? The Trident isn't remotely a fair boss at all. I think Kingsisle workers need to look into this boss and please nerf him during the next game maintenance, because right now, at least 95% of the Wizard101 player base is stuck on him and as a result, can't progress and see how Arc 3 of the game ends. I've also known some players to start ending their memberships as a result of this boss because they are so frustrated with how difficult he is. In short, there needs to be some serious reworking and nerfing done to the Storm Trident before I even consider going on my max Storm again. Also, for the love of everything that is good, please don't make the battle so reliant on teams having a Death Jade with Bad Juju and a Life to heal. I think that all classes and all team comps deserve a fair, optimal chance at winning, not just which team has the Death Jade with Juju and the Life Jade with heals. I'm currently very unhappy with the current state of the Storm Titan and I know Kingsisle caters to their players. Hopefully, Kingsisle hears our pleas and gives the Storm Trident the nerfs he needs to make him a beatable boss. I understand that we need to be challenged at level 130 in the upper level worlds, but in the case of the Storm Trident, Kingsisle went too far in terms of difficulty. Sparck, if you're reading this, please tell the Kingsisle team to do something about this boss to make it a more fair battle for every team comp. Everyone should have a fighting chance against him and the battle shouldn't be decided whenever the boss gets his fifth shadow pip and uses Trident Swing. I have spent more than a week stuck on the Trident and at this point, it's repetitive to keep trying when the end result is my entire team dying. I'm so frustrated with how the Storm Trident came out, please rework him. Thanks and have a great day/night.

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Visionary Diviner, Lore Spell and Pet Enthusiast)
Blaze DreamBlade (Level 20 Conjurer)
I can agree that base damage for the Titan probably needs a nerf so that constant juju spam isn't required but maybe not so much that you can go in without a Life wizard. This is supposed to be the biggest fight of the whole arc and to nerf it too much so that it becomes easy ruins that.

If you think back on it before we gained an extra 30 levels Darkmoor could not be done without a Life wizard either (or at least someone with a mastery amulet and some good outgoing gear). While darkmoor has received a few nerfs here and there almost none of them were immediate and quite a few weren't added until the dungeon had been out for quite some time.

This fight is still very new and I'm sure will have many strategies develop to defeat the Titan. If you are looking for a guarenteed strategy then maybe try using google to look up ways to do so with different types of wizards. More than likely there will be at least one who managed it without a life wizard or without a death. But with the way the boss is now most of those probably rely on being very lucky.

Almost every difficult boss in the game gets a nerf at some point but almost never right away. It's frustrating not to be able to move on with the story but sometimes patience is key when it comes to bosses like this. Maybe instead of randoms try to find friends to go in with you with a strategy in mind beforehand.