Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How did she do that?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 16, 2017
A team member just came to help me out and at one point cast a spell that did 36,000+ damage. I have to admit it took me a second to get my jaw back up off the floor. I need lessons. Can we have a lessons kiosk for lessons? I'm at lvl 92 but only marginally effective. I read the wiki about the creatures I have to face. It gave me lots of info about what kind in cheating he would do (Ghost Dog Shadow) but no hint about how to counter him. She ask me if I had a particular blade from the Sun tower in Azteca that worked for all schools. I didn't even know what she was talking about. I've gotten lots of good advice from this board but I want more one-on-one training. Like Diego. How many levels of training can I go through with him and who do I go to after him?

Sydney Skyblood lvl 92 Incindiari

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Blades, Traps, Feints and Auras. Each school has a blade and trap that you can train. Yes there is an aura from one of the celestial trainers available in Azteca.

Feint is trainable through the Death School.

Gear, gear. I cannot stress how important gear is when elevating your offense and defense.

I am in Mirage on my first Wizard (118) and I've had a wonderful mentor. Find someone willing to show you the ropes and help you farm for the right gear.

What school are you?

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
colocrys on Aug 26, 2018 wrote:
A team member just came to help me out and at one point cast a spell that did 36,000+ damage. I have to admit it took me a second to get my jaw back up off the floor. I need lessons. Can we have a lessons kiosk for lessons? I'm at lvl 92 but only marginally effective. I read the wiki about the creatures I have to face. It gave me lots of info about what kind in cheating he would do (Ghost Dog Shadow) but no hint about how to counter him. She ask me if I had a particular blade from the Sun tower in Azteca that worked for all schools. I didn't even know what she was talking about. I've gotten lots of good advice from this board but I want more one-on-one training. Like Diego. How many levels of training can I go through with him and who do I go to after him?

I think they might have been talking about the sun enchants from the sun school trainers. It's a damage enchant that you add to your trained damage spell to boost the damage it deals. You'll need to train the damage enchants from each sun school trainer to be able to access the one appropriate to your level. They do require training points to buy them. The first are found in Celestia.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
an easy way for this to happen:

5 stacking blades + strong damage boost through gear + critical on a monster that gives boost damages due to it being opposite school.

Make sure you have trained Epic (sun school spell that boosts damage at the spell level) and Sharpened blade (adds 10% additional damage to any school taught blade)

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
To Alien, I'm a fire wizard - incendiary - Incindiari. The girl also chided me about my gear so I'm currently returning to my roots and going through the crafting lessons. I already have the tables. She said I could get good gear in Azteca. My Ice wizard is also going through crafting lessons from lvl 58. Might as well get her started.
I like to charm my hits and the higher damage charms work for fire, but my ice girl ends up using accuracy charms. I tried the fist ones and had too many fizzles Need to find another way since I'm not allowed to use both at once. Feint I already know about. I'm sometimes reluctant to use it because of the pip cost. Although if I can get rid of the guy in one hit it'll be worth it. Thanks for the advice. Now if you can tell me where the Mentor kiosk is I'll be all set.

Sydney Skyblood, lvl 98 Fire

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
colocrys on Aug 26, 2018 wrote:

My Storm is level 100 and routinely dumps 10K damage with 4-5 pip spells and only 1 or 2 blades. With a little more set-up, she can easily hit 30-70K. My Fire was the same at that level. There are several tricks that help her do this.

First, get gear that increases your damage output. At your level, you should have either Waterworks, House of Scales or maybe the level 90 Hades gear. If you have crowns, the best options are Professor's Hoard or Ghulture, for hat and boots only. Stick to dungeon-dropped gear for robes. When you get to level 100, do Darkmoor. For wands, the best damage/defense options come from the Immortals, Road Warriors or Terror's Hoard packs. The best dropped wands at level 90 come from Hades in Tartarus. You want your damage to hit 80% or more, and your critical to get as close to 100% as possible. Also make sure you have near perfect accuracy.

Next, pets. You will have to do some hatching and get 2-3 critical and/or damage stats on that pet. Use the pet hatching kiosk to help you find a great damage or critical pet. You're Fire, you live or die by the damage you can do. Give up defenses and focus on damage. It's scary, but that's how Storm and Fire operate.

Third, spells. Train up the Sun school. Be sure you have trained Colossal, Potent Trap and Sharpen Blade.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Sun_School_Spells#axzz5PR38A1B8

Get blades from different sources (deck, gear, pet, treasure cards, etc) and stack them. The blades & traps will multiply your damage - the more you have, the more damage you'll do. Using Potent or Sharpen will give you a second blade or trap to use, and double the damage right there. Use Backdraft with 6 pips, that will add 90% to your hit.

You can do this!

Alia Misthaven, 124

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
PS: the spell your friend mentioned may have been Shadow Shrike.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Shadow_School_Spells#axzz5PR38A1B8

It gives you +10% damage, but it also comes at a price. You can train it at level 92, once you reach the Moon Cliffs and free the Eclipse Tower there.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Shadow_Shrike#axzz5PR38A1B8

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
Thanks you guys. Really good advice; some things I never thought of. I knew about stacking blades but never thought about from five different places. I've always focused on Health score but if you only need one hit that's not such a worry. I clearly have work to do.

Thanks again,
Sydney Skyblood lvl 97 Incindiari (This is what they called their fire wizards in a book I was reading.)

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
colocrys on Aug 27, 2018 wrote:
To Alien, I'm a fire wizard - incendiary - Incindiari. The girl also chided me about my gear so I'm currently returning to my roots and going through the crafting lessons. I already have the tables. She said I could get good gear in Azteca. My Ice wizard is also going through crafting lessons from lvl 58. Might as well get her started.
I like to charm my hits and the higher damage charms work for fire, but my ice girl ends up using accuracy charms. I tried the fist ones and had too many fizzles Need to find another way since I'm not allowed to use both at once. Feint I already know about. I'm sometimes reluctant to use it because of the pip cost. Although if I can get rid of the guy in one hit it'll be worth it. Thanks for the advice. Now if you can tell me where the Mentor kiosk is I'll be all set.

Sydney Skyblood, lvl 98 Fire
Alas, I WISH there was a Mentor kiosk. I lucked into mine.

I wonder if a Mentor Kiosk could be something that KI could look into implementing.

S Gs

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
All of you gave me such good advice. I went shopping with a different focus (critical damage instead of health score). I found other sources for blades hunting for gear that had blades attached I also went back to Azteca to the Sun pillar and got the Sharpen blade spell. I was not familiar with what it would do. My third Sun Ketzal hatched this morning, one of the parents having high crit numbers. My ketzal Otis is very good at keeping me alive and keeping me bladed. I'm hoping some of the healing power transfers to the new guy. So....long story short, I went to Aquila, which I had never done, and tried out my new self. wow!!! Not 36,000 in one hit yet but vastly improved from a couple days ago. Now to work on my Storm girl.

Thanks again
Sydney Skyblood, lvl 99 Incindiari

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
colocrys on Aug 30, 2018 wrote:
All of you gave me such good advice. I went shopping with a different focus (critical damage instead of health score). I found other sources for blades hunting for gear that had blades attached I also went back to Azteca to the Sun pillar and got the Sharpen blade spell. I was not familiar with what it would do. My third Sun Ketzal hatched this morning, one of the parents having high crit numbers. My ketzal Otis is very good at keeping me alive and keeping me bladed. I'm hoping some of the healing power transfers to the new guy. So....long story short, I went to Aquila, which I had never done, and tried out my new self. wow!!! Not 36,000 in one hit yet but vastly improved from a couple days ago. Now to work on my Storm girl.

Thanks again
2 easy ways you can get gear with item blades:

1) craft the L56 wintertusk hat
2) get the triangle jewels that give either single or dual school blades on them

The jewels will NOT stack with the hat as it's considered the same gear blade (they both have the same percentage). They WILL stack with the pet blade though (I do this all the time).

Once you get those blades (if you want to), you can have (in my examples above):

Pet item blade + jewel/WT Hat item blade + regular school blade + sharpened school blade + treasure blade (if you buy those) + epic enhanced damage spell.

That's a LOT of damage on a regular basis

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
colocrys on Aug 30, 2018 wrote:

Thanks again
remember: Different types of the same blade stacks
Example
Normal fire blade
gear fire blade
Sharpened Blade enchanted fire blade
gear sharpened blade enchanted fire blade
treasure card fire blade
trained elemental blade
gear elemental blade
treasure card elemental blade
sharpened elemental blade
gear sharpened elemental blade

these all stack because they are treated as different ones (note on gear sharpened, Im referring to using a sharpened blade from the gear your wearing to enchant a normal one)

Explorer
Jul 12, 2016
it might have been a fire or storm wizard, they can harness powerful attack magic