Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gear conflict

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
Hello fellow wizards
My name is Jonathan DawnHunter, and I'm a level 125 Death wizard.
I personally think that my stats are somewhat good, since I have malistare gear and a nice pet, but something seems off... My crit? My damage? My block? I don't know...
I wanted to see what you guys think about my gear! Feel free to share you thoughts.

HAT:
Death lord's veil of woe (Malistare)
16 damage, 4 pierce, 149 crit, 11 resist, 12 power pip chance, 462 health, 2 shadow pip chance, 5 shadow pip damage

ROBE:
Death lord's cloak of woe (Malistare)
727 health, 10 power pip chance, 14 accuracy, 18 damage, 14 resist, 96 crit, 2 shadow pip chance,

BOOTS:
Death lord's greaves of woe (Malistare)
275 health, 9 power pip chance, 5 accuracy, 3 pierce, 105 block, 7 resist, 23 damage, 1 shadow pip chance

WAND:
Lord of death's dragonstaff
95 block, 100 crit, 10 pierce, +1 power pip

ATHAME:
Lord of death's razor (Darkmoor)
372 health, 252 mana, 16 power pip chance, 2 accuracy, 18 block, 16 damage, 15 incoming healing, sockets: 72 health, 6 pierce, 13 crit, no triangle at the moment

AMULET:
Embodiment of death charm
185 health, 2 pierce, 22 crit, 2 resist, sockets: 89 health, square socket locked

RING:
Ghost dog's samoorai band
355 health, 182 mana, 14 power pip chance, 11 damage, 6 incoming health, sockets: 22(no percent) resist

DECKS:
Mob deck: Tundra cards of disarray
Boss deck: Deck of sinister shadows

PET: Mega Deathdactyl
Gives deathblade, 6 damage, 10 resist, 6 damage, 9 damage, maycast unicorn, socket: 40 max strength

OVERALL STATS:
105 death damage
44 resist
21 death accuracy
380 death crit (18%)
251 block (16%)
25 death pierce
21 incoming healing
101 power pip chance
5 shadow pip chance

Please keep in mind that I usually play solo.
I would love to hear your thoughts!

Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
Should I farm for cabalist boots? I will lose block and 3% pierce, is it worth it?

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
Well, first of all, for death the Krokopatra Exalted hat is slightly better than the Malistaire hat. It doesn't make too big of a difference, but it is a little better. The Bonesmasher robe (Rattlebones Exalted) is also a tiny bit better than the Malistaire robe. I wouldn't say either of those are worth farming for though, since the changes are so little. The Cabalist boots would be good, they are basically the best boots in the game right now. If you have the crowns, you should get the Eye of the Soothsayer from the Terror's Hoard Pack, it's really good. You might also want to farm Morganthe for the amulet, since it's pretty good, but it's not a big deal if you don't (it would also get back some of the critical block you lost from getting Cabalist boots). You might want to farm Aphrodite or Morganthe for a ring. Also, farm the Rat or Omen Stribog for a deck. Also if you want you could get a triple double pet, but that is a lot of work for getting a pet that's only a little bit better.

Keep in mind that this is my opinion, and everyone has different playstyles, so you may not agree with me, and a lot of this stuff isn't really necessary to farm for as your gear is already pretty good. :)

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Critical and block both decay as we level up. This is built into the game, there is nothing we can do to avoid it. The cure is to upgrade our gear and get higher numbers of critical and/or block.

The way things are going, I suspect KI is phasing critical block out altogether - it's basically none-existent at high levels, as the gear is providing nothing of this particular attribute.

Max Critical is still possible to reach at high levels - particularly for Storm and Fire wizards - but you need Cabalist gear and a quad critical pet in order to reach the highest possible amounts.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
Freshta on Aug 7, 2018 wrote:
Critical and block both decay as we level up. This is built into the game, there is nothing we can do to avoid it. The cure is to upgrade our gear and get higher numbers of critical and/or block.

The way things are going, I suspect KI is phasing critical block out altogether - it's basically none-existent at high levels, as the gear is providing nothing of this particular attribute.

Max Critical is still possible to reach at high levels - particularly for Storm and Fire wizards - but you need Cabalist gear and a quad critical pet in order to reach the highest possible amounts.

Alia Misthaven
Yea but are the cabalist boots worth it? I will lose all my block and 3% pierce

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
JonathanDawnHunter on Aug 8, 2018 wrote:
Yea but are the cabalist boots worth it? I will lose all my block and 3% pierce
Honestly, I can't say.

Do you have the Time Warden set from the end of Mirage? (They drop from Shaddowwock & Shaddowbones.) If you do, that is a step below Cabalist. You could try swapping in those slightly lower boots and also the hat, then see how it works for you. It could give you a taste without you having to spend a ton of time battling for boots you may end up not wanting after all.

Also you could check out the crafted set, since their stats are nearly identical to the Cabalist gear. Again, if they're easier for you to obtain you could experiment with them, and that would be much less of a time commitment on your part.

Alia Misthaven