Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Key Spells to Train?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
I’ve been looking through the forums, but I can’t find anything about it atm, so I figured I’d might as well ask.

The game says to have a secondary school, and I’ve seen numerous more experienced players debunk this, saying it’s better just to train for certain spells you need in certain schools (for example, I hear tower shield in ice is one to go for). I’ve saved up a bunch of training points on my new character, and if anyone has suggestions for certain spells I should be going for, I’d love to hear!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
TheMostKawaiiGhost on Jul 21, 2018 wrote:
I’ve been looking through the forums, but I can’t find anything about it atm, so I figured I’d might as well ask.

The game says to have a secondary school, and I’ve seen numerous more experienced players debunk this, saying it’s better just to train for certain spells you need in certain schools (for example, I hear tower shield in ice is one to go for). I’ve saved up a bunch of training points on my new character, and if anyone has suggestions for certain spells I should be going for, I’d love to hear!
Death feint
ice to tower
Get the star spells (depending on school)
All sun fist, sharpen blade, potent trap

Survivor
Apr 20, 2015
10.spectracal blast is a great secondery spell
9.next up as ninth best:the flaming wonders meteor strike!
8.coming up is my favourite magic with ice wyveren!!!! 1.cool as cool as cool hydra

7. is humungafrog!!
6. the mighty kraken!!!!

5 has to go to centuar !!!

4 is absolutely wraith !!!

3.satry great heal
2. the boss himself minotar

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Second schools were useful back when the game ended at the end of Dragonspyre. That was ten years ago. Now, they're really not.

Most experienced players today will suggest the following options for second schools, usually for one particular spell:

Death up to Feint (for damage)
Ice up to Tower Shield (for defense)
Life up to Satyr (for healing)

Basically, the point is to gain some of their utility spells to use in combination with your own school.

One other option, if you are a low level Life or Death, is to train in Balance, Myth, Ice or Fire just to get their 4-pip AoE spell. Life and Death don't get an attack-on-everyone spell until beyond level 48 (Death) or 58 (Life). Having an off-school AoE will help speed up the battles until you get your own school spell.

After level 50, you'll want to train Sun spells for sure (the accuracy and damage enchantments), plus you might consider some of the Star school auras. Avoid Moon school polymorphs completely. And ... in Celestia hidden in Stormriven, there is a guy who trains sun-school spells that mutate some spells that you might already have into something new. For example, turn a Life Sprite into a Death Sprite that leaves a 20% Curse behind. Or, turn a Death Banshee into a Life Banshee that leaves a 30% Hex behind.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/NPC:Korsten_Bloodscorn#axzz5M02N3ccg

Since I almost always train Life up to Sprite and Death up to Feint, I find his Life and Death mutations are especially helpful.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
Ice to tower, and depending on your school, death to feint or life to satyr although if you can do both go ahead, although I recommend feint as you don't need a mastery amulet for feint to still use it effectively. All sun fist spells, the accuracy doesn't matter but you could get keen eyes. Moon spells aren't that good but polymorph treant is pretty good as although it removes all your stats, it sets your health high up and gives you tons of healing spells. On top of that, it gives you life mastery for as long as the spell lasts. Although since it removes all your pips at the end of the spell, it may just be good to have a few satyr TCs.