Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatchmaking Timer

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 24, 2015
Hi! Just wanted to say beforehand that I'm new to the message boards and hatchmaking, and I'm so happy to be apart of this community/fanbase.

Okay, so let's get into it.

So, I just hatched my first pet ever... a White Winter Owl with a Forlorn Sabertooth. I was hoping to get some new stats and to get a pet that took on the appearance of the Sabertooth. However, after 5 minutes and 40,000 gold... I got the same pet .

So after research, I found out that whatever the egg turns out to be is totally random! Therefore, I'm going to hatch again! It won't let me hatch just yet though? It says that I have no hatchmaking slots... as I said I'm completely new to hatchmaking and have little clue what this means. I'm aware that there is a timer of how long you have to wait before hatching again? I looked it up online and it gave me all sorts of different answers... I was wondering what is the wait time before I'm able to hatch again?

TLDR: How long do you have to wait before hatching your pet again?

Thanks in advance!

- Morgan RavenRider, lvl 82 , Fiona Forst, lvl 12 , Jasmine Rose, lvl 8

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
There are two wait times, depending on if you're a member or not.

Non-members and free-to-play wizards must wait 24 hours.

Since you're posting here, I'm assuming that you're a member. That means you should only have to wait 12 hours for the hatching timer to reset.

In either case, if you have crowns and you're in a hurry, Purreau's Potion #9 (400 crowns in the Crown Shop) will open up the timer immediately.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
morgankimcarnes on Jul 12, 2018 wrote:
Hi! Just wanted to say beforehand that I'm new to the message boards and hatchmaking, and I'm so happy to be apart of this community/fanbase.

So, I just hatched my first pet ever... a White Winter Owl with a Forlorn Sabertooth. I was hoping to get some new stats and to get a pet that took on the appearance of the Sabertooth. However, after 5 minutes and 40,000 gold... I got the same pet .

So after research, I found out that whatever the egg turns out to be is totally random! Therefore, I'm going to hatch again! It won't let me hatch just yet though? It says that I have no hatchmaking slots... as I said I'm completely new to hatchmaking and have little clue what this means. I'm aware that there is a timer of how long you have to wait before hatching again? I looked it up online and it gave me all sorts of different answers... I was wondering what is the wait time before I'm able to hatch again?

Thanks in advance!

The hatching timer is 12 hours for subscribing members or 24 hours for free to play non members, so it's long either way. If you really want to hatch multiple pets in the same time frame, I highly recommend getting the Purreau's Potion #9 from the Crowns Shop. That potion doesn't cost much crowns (400 crowns, about as much as a pack) and it will instantly reset your hatching timer. I've invested in that potion multiple times to get the pet that I want and it helps a lot with pet training and getting the right stats on the right pet. If you need hatching tips or anything pet related, I'm at the Pet Pavilion 99.99% of the time in realm Wraith training my pet so feel free to drop by and ask me anything! If you catch me, I'll be glad to help you out with whatever questions you may have.

TLDR:

1. Hatching timer is 12 hours for Subscribing Members
2. Hatching timer is 24 hours for free to play players
3. Purreau's Potion #9 will instantly reset your hatching timer
4. I'm always in realm Wraith training my pet. Lemme know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Level 40 Diviner and Grandmaster Artisan at your service!)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
morgankimcarnes on Jul 12, 2018 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Hiya and welcome!

We only get one hatch timer and it takes 24 hours to reset if we're non-members and 12 hours to reset if we have an active membership. You can check how long you've got left on it by checking in your book, going to character and then looking in the tab for timers.

The body type you get back is totally random. You could get your own, the other person's or a hybrid! Your hatch might not have been wasted even though you got your own body type back. It might be worth training it to adult for your next try at getting the Sabertooth.

There are 3 main steps in the process of making a pet to help your wizard:
1. Raise Stat Bars (get them all over 200 and as close to max 255 250 260 260 250 as you can be bothered)
2. Get the talents you like into your pool of talents
3. Get the right talents to manifest (active talents from training the pet)

Your stats are the numbers next to strength, agility etc. Check your new baby owl and see if she has higher numbers than your original. If she does, train her to adult and use her for your next hatch.

Did the Sabertooth have talents you want but didn't have on your owl? If so, train the new owl to adult and use her for the next hatch even if your stats have stayed the same.

Well done on your first hatch!