Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

WW drop rates should be uppered

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 03, 2018
As we know, at level 60 your wizard should unlock a dungeon called the Water Works. This Dungeon 2 bosses can drop amazing gear for each school. Both of the bosses are very hard and require knowledge on how to fight them properly. The first boss in WW is Luska CharmBeak, And the End boss is Sylster Glowstorm. I will not be going into the mechanics of the fight, however I will be talking about the rarity of the drops in this cruel, unforgiving dungeon.

When WW first came out, the drop chances of each gear was reasonable. In about five runs though the entire dungeon and you can have the full set of your school. Then the creators of wiz101 decided that they should make these valuable gear drops beyond worth getting. I, on my lvl 63 wizard has done WW over 10 times, and I have only got two pieces of gear. Many more times I have done WW but not completed it. Some runs of WW I just got to Luska for the skyscream hood. And when I beat him, usually no drop. I had to beat luska 8 times before i got the skyscream hood. That took a week. Then for the boots, Slyster glowstorm was a EXHAUSTING fight. And the fact that he had two other bosses with him during the fight made him impossible. to solo him would be impossible at lvl 60-67. After a another week of farming him i finally got it. It was beyond worth because the boots did not give citical. Even with a friend he was super difficult. But he was possible with a 4 man team. But those were rare because if your whole team was lvl 60, one of your teammates usually leaves because of a lack of faith. Now on to his drops. The rarest of Slyster's drops was the cape. I have never gotten it and wasted so much time on it. So please Kingsisle, upper the drop rate so I can see the sun again.

Defender
May 11, 2013
Thexal on Jun 27, 2018 wrote:
As we know, at level 60 your wizard should unlock a dungeon called the Water Works. This Dungeon 2 bosses can drop amazing gear for each school. Both of the bosses are very hard and require knowledge on how to fight them properly. The first boss in WW is Luska CharmBeak, And the End boss is Sylster Glowstorm. I will not be going into the mechanics of the fight, however I will be talking about the rarity of the drops in this cruel, unforgiving dungeon.

When WW first came out, the drop chances of each gear was reasonable. In about five runs though the entire dungeon and you can have the full set of your school. Then the creators of wiz101 decided that they should make these valuable gear drops beyond worth getting. I, on my lvl 63 wizard has done WW over 10 times, and I have only got two pieces of gear. Many more times I have done WW but not completed it. Some runs of WW I just got to Luska for the skyscream hood. And when I beat him, usually no drop. I had to beat luska 8 times before i got the skyscream hood. That took a week. Then for the boots, Slyster glowstorm was a EXHAUSTING fight. And the fact that he had two other bosses with him during the fight made him impossible. to solo him would be impossible at lvl 60-67. After a another week of farming him i finally got it. It was beyond worth because the boots did not give citical. Even with a friend he was super difficult. But he was possible with a 4 man team. But those were rare because if your whole team was lvl 60, one of your teammates usually leaves because of a lack of faith. Now on to his drops. The rarest of Slyster's drops was the cape. I have never gotten it and wasted so much time on it. So please Kingsisle, upper the drop rate so I can see the sun again.
LOL wait until you get to darkmoor if you think drop rate is bad for WW gear

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
*laughs in the distance because darkmoor gear has become trashed gear for me*

Survivor
Oct 17, 2015
Back in the day in my old account, it took me 150 attempts to get the 3 pieces of gear. So, if you think 10 is a lot, you will be surprised when you farm Darkmoor.