Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Favorite Schools?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 24, 2011
I was wondering what the order of the schools are in your guys' opinions.
My list:
Storm
Fire
Life
Death
Balance
Myth
Ice

What are yours?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
GPM499 on May 18, 2018 wrote:
I was wondering what the order of the schools are in your guys' opinions.
My list:
Storm
Fire
Life
Death
Balance
Myth
Ice

What are yours?
I love that you didn't just ask what our favourite schools were but rather to put them into order because I enjoy them all

My list is:

1. Life ~ I find it really fun being able to keep my team alive even if 'mistakes' are made or people are struggling with strategy. I enjoy being able to give a hitter great boosts so they can succeed where they have been failing/struggling without support. I love that on my life wiz I can be called to help anywhere and be useful

2. Storm ~ Storm just beats Fire for 2nd spot for me because they get OWL....yeah I know we have bugs too which I also love but I admit that casting Owl and seeing it swoop in for the kill is an animation that will never get old I have to watch it and if I miss an Owl being cast I inwardly feel the 'awww, I missed it!'.

3. Fire ~ Like Storm, hugely useful for helping a team as hitter. I like Fire because they can pack a good punch, have some beautiful spells, work well in a team. I think she has been my easiest solo wiz. She is also a bit of a magnet for other solo wizards who are at tricky points....they see her fighting with ease so they jump in and make friends ready for the tricky dungeon they're stuck on. I like that and have met some lovely people that way

4. Ice ~ Great for tanking, healing (esp if we have life mastery) and set up. I don't have her high enough level yet to be much of a hitter, but I have seen some awesome ice hitters and will get there too Ice is versatile and useful.

5. Death ~ Thankfully got Deer Knight for speed but Scarecrow (from DHE plants) is a lot of fun too. I wish my heal backs could be shared to the team though.

6. Balance ~ I'm low level and this is tricky solo. Good in a team though and at high level will be even more fun

7. Myth ~ I deleted her and need to start over....but myth is awesome and I love earthquake and FROG!

I love wizarding on all schools!

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
Oh yeah, I should probably tell why I like each school.

1. Storm - I just love the Storm School. While they don't have high health, I love being a hitter class, because it just feels so satisfying to get a big hit. I also like how the spells look.
2. Fire - I love Fire for the same reason as Storm, really. The hitting is really fun, but it was also my first school, so I have a lot of nostalgia for it.
3. Life - I recently made a Life wizard, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. The attacks aren't strong, but I've been able to solo quite well with it, and the healing is extremely helpful. I might put it higher if it got its AoE spell earlier.
4. Death - I haven't actually played on Death, but I think their spells look super cool, and the health steal is a really cool concept.
5. Balance - I'm not a huge fan of this class. Not sure why :P
6. Myth - I just don't like Myth. The concept of minions doesn't appeal to me, and their attacks just bore me for some reason (at least the early ones)
7. Ice - Ice is definitely my least favorite. I don't really like tanking, so it doesn't really feel helpful to me.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Schools I enjoy playing 100% and rarely struggle with:

Fire
Death
Life (though it's tedious in the first arc)

Schools I struggled with at first but grew to love eventually:

Ice
Storm

Schools I'm glad I tried but not my favorite:

Balance
Myth

That's right, Balance is actually one of my least favorites.

If you ask me which ones I really love the most, I think I'd answer Fire and Ice. They are self-sufficient, never worry about shields, and can quickly dispatch all enemies at once using their multiple AoEs. In fact, my Ice has soloed cheating bosses that my other wizards had to team up for (Belloq, Jabberwocky).

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Sep 29, 2012
Death
Storm
Fire
Ice
Life
Myth
Balance

Mostly just from my personal aesthetics.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2015
Death
Life

Balance
Storm
Ice
Fire
Myth

Opinions based on pve viability.