Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Experience Question

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 24, 2011
So, I recently began playing this game, and I have a question.
Let's say that I am a wizard that just finished Empyrea Part 1 and I'm level 125, but I still have a bunch of side quests. If I do all of the side quests, will there still be enough XP when Part 2 comes out to get me to level 130?
I ask this because I really enjoy questing, but I don't want to jeopardize my chance to reach max level once the cap is raised again.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
There is always enough XP from just the main quests to level you to max. I think the reason they have XP on side quests is so we can over-level if we find we're struggling a bit, but having enough XP with just main quests allows those who want to skip the sides to be able to and still reach max level.

Enjoy your quests....there will be enough XP for you in future updates to reach max

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
Victoria FireHeart on May 17, 2018 wrote:
There is always enough XP from just the main quests to level you to max. I think the reason they have XP on side quests is so we can over-level if we find we're struggling a bit, but having enough XP with just main quests allows those who want to skip the sides to be able to and still reach max level.

Enjoy your quests....there will be enough XP for you in future updates to reach max
Ah, alright thank you! I thought so, but wasn't sure and didn't wanna risk anything.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Bear in mind that there are some quests that are technically side quests, but if you skip them, you might skip getting a special school pet, access to some useful spells, and training points to pick some trained spells. There are also some dungeons that have some really nice gear, in quests that are sides, like Waterworks and Aquila. You can chose not to turn in some of the sides that are in your quest book when you hit max, and save that xp for when the max level increases, too.