Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Upset with Pet Hatching Nerf

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
Dr. KingsIsle,

As a paying customer, I want to express my displeasure at your recent change. I paid 5000 crowns for my pet. Its initial stats/skill were not worth the money. So I Hatched it several times to finally get a pet worth working up. I then spent hours and hours leveling the pet up to Epic. I wake today to see my pet now has a "May not Hatch" nerf pegged on it!

This stinks. Not only am i locked on this pet...I will NOT be buying another pet from you. Why take the risk of a crown pet with bad skills? I wont be able to hatch those away. At the very least you should allow crown pets to Hatch with other Crown pets. But a complete ban is just wrong. It will cost you money, and leave players like me less likely to purchase crowns in the future.

Regards,
Wolf Darkshade

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
WolfDarkshade on Apr 12, 2018 wrote:
Dr. KingsIsle,

As a paying customer, I want to express my displeasure at your recent change. I paid 5000 crowns for my pet. Its initial stats/skill were not worth the money. So I Hatched it several times to finally get a pet worth working up. I then spent hours and hours leveling the pet up to Epic. I wake today to see my pet now has a "May not Hatch" nerf pegged on it!

This stinks. Not only am i locked on this pet...I will NOT be buying another pet from you. Why take the risk of a crown pet with bad skills? I wont be able to hatch those away. At the very least you should allow crown pets to Hatch with other Crown pets. But a complete ban is just wrong. It will cost you money, and leave players like me less likely to purchase crowns in the future.

Regards,
Wolf Darkshade
Hi Wolf,

I think you've maybe mistaken the no hatching thing. It can't be offered in the kiosk yet but you can hatch it with anything else in the kiosk or the traditional way in the hatchery.

I think they are maybe adding crown pets gradually so people like yourself, who have spent a lot of crowns on them still get to have that exclusivity before everyone else gets them too.

If you try to hatch it with a non crown pet in the kiosk it will cost gold only, if you want to hatch with a DIFFERENT crown pet that you do not have in your pet tome yet then it will cost gold plus some crowns as well. If it's in your tome already it is just gold, no extra crowns.

Your pet isn't wasted, it's still exclusive

Happy hatching!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
WolfDarkshade on Apr 12, 2018 wrote:
Dr. KingsIsle,

Regards,
Wolf Darkshade
You can indeed use your crowns pet to hatch with any pets offered by the new hatchmaker; what you can't do is offer that crowns pet into the hatcher itself. Also, you can still freely hatch any crowns pet with any other player's pet if you both go inside the old hatchery and hatch the "old fashioned" way.

Last night I used a Fairyfly of my own (a Crowns pet that can't go into the hatch-maker), and hatched it with someone's Chieftains Owl. I got back a Chieftains Owl. In another case, I used a first-generation Fairyfly at the Kiosk and got back a very strong damage/defense Brown Recluse Spider within three hatches. So yes, it is possible to use your own crowns pet at the hatch-maker kiosk and either improve its talents or change its body type while keeping the same talents. You just can't put it in there for other people to hatch with.

Hope that clears things up a little,

Alia Misthaven