Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

polishing older content

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2017
Rather than making content such as monstrology that no one asked for, I feel it would benefit kingsisle more if the time were spent on polishing the current content that has been out since the start of the game. Many talk about changing the loading screen or adding day/night in wizard city. but I don't see that worthwhile, the loading screen of wizard101 is iconic and I feel changing the loading screen won't benefit kingsisle at all. Right now the current business model of kingsisle is add and keep adding more "content" to the game in order to keep players and to bring back older users to the game, however this mindset is not heading this game in the right direction, the cycle will always continue where the veterans will come back finish what kingsisle implemented into the game and leave again which will only lead to a decreasing player count with fewer players coming back each time. I truly believe that wizard101 is a great game and I guarantee you that everyone that has stuck through wizard city can vouch for me, but that cannot be said about the people who never touched the game and probably never will not because it's a bad game but because it is not appealing at first look. Let's face it this game is hitting 10 years old and not one graphical refinement since the launch. Sure, the later worlds look better now but if new players can't stand wizard city what makes you think they would buy membership for the game to continue on. For people like me who first thought this game was a scam, I took the risk of playing and ended up buying membership for the first time and fell in love after I found out there were more worlds than just wizard city, when I tell my non-wizard101 friends to play and explain to them that there is more to the game than just wizard city they never believe me because all they ever have known is wizard city. But I digress, what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't have to be a "risk" at all, I love the story and the only thing keeping new players away is the graphics of the game.
To sum up kingsisle goal should not be adding more and more content to the game to make players come back into the game(well at least for the moment), but try to bring in new players by polishing the animation/graphics of wizard city and the level 1-10 spells since that is what new players will be seeing and to make wizard city free completely for non members because honestly unicorn way and triton avenue is not enough to hook anyone into the game, maybe when they see bartebly open up they will all have the same reaction I did and say "wait, theres more to the game than wizard city??!!" and then cannot help but to buy membership. Please,kingsisle, this game is truly amazing and I don't want to see it end.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2009
I agree, I'm a veteran player who is busy alot now but I still love the game. However I find it annoying and overwhelming when I take a break and log onto tons and tons of new things and updates added and it makes me not want to try start it cause it feels too overwhelming to catch up with. Especially with other wizards I'm trying to level still, I never get the time to do that because there's always something I have to catch up with on my highest wizards. If anything I wish they would update character graphics like in pirate101. They updated mellori and it made my character look so dated and 2D compared to her lol.