Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

need to update the pvp

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 29, 2010
you all need to fix the pvp arena, this is ridiculous, you make it so others can view what your card is that is playing and I think you need to make it so people can not see the players cards, to many are cheap cheaters, and use skype or just go in and tell their friends what to play to counter your cast, if your on a team only team mates should see what your going to cast so the team can tell you how to help them when your in a team, other then that make it so no one but the player can see what your cast is, its ridiculous when an honest play wants to rank up but cant cause of cheap cheaters , fix it or I'm just gonna be done playing this game all together,

Explorer
Jan 02, 2011
Hi there!

I'm confused, what do you mean by cheaters? Let's say in a 4v4. There are your team mates, opponents, and spectators.

Your team mates NEED to see what you are casting. If they don't then it essentially becomes a game of luck.

If you are talking about your opponents, they CAN NOT see what you are casting until you actually cast it.

If you are talking about spectators, they can only see what you cast WHEN YOU ARE CURRENTLY CASTING IT

And if you believe there is a cheater on the team you're on, then cast your spell last second! Or even ignore them! If they are talking with the opponent team, it takes a while for the team to discuss what their next course of actions should be.

I hope I helped!
Jack Legend

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
Spectators can only see the card as it's being cast. Presumably, the person in the battle can look at the buffs and debuffs on every player after it's cast if they don't recognize the spell as it's cast. No they don't see the card like spectators do, but it's not like there's an advantage of any kind because a spectator relays this information.

Explorer
Oct 29, 2010
no kidding the other person can not see your cards, but the people who are watching can, and if you use skyp like a lot of them are they tell their buddys or if its there other character they can see what your play is, and I do watch twitter and twitch and ya cant tell me there isn't cheating when you can hear it with your own ears, so don't tell me they don't cheat, I know better then that, so its time that wizard updates it so people who watch your matches ccan not see your cards, unless you are on a team only teams can see eachothers cards not by standers who watch that should be off limits

Explorer
Oct 29, 2010
Jack The Legend on Jan 11, 2018 wrote:
Hi there!

I'm confused, what do you mean by cheaters? Let's say in a 4v4. There are your team mates, opponents, and spectators.

Your team mates NEED to see what you are casting. If they don't then it essentially becomes a game of luck.

If you are talking about your opponents, they CAN NOT see what you are casting until you actually cast it.

If you are talking about spectators, they can only see what you cast WHEN YOU ARE CURRENTLY CASTING IT

And if you believe there is a cheater on the team you're on, then cast your spell last second! Or even ignore them! If they are talking with the opponent team, it takes a while for the team to discuss what their next course of actions should be.

I hope I helped!
Jack Legend
jack your a great player, we went against eachother, but you know as well as I do that they do cheat with skype to rank up in there, and those who go second don't get a fare chance, and many when there others watching tell your opponents hey they are going to play this so you shield or hit with a different card to counter the attacksright before the last few seconds , we both know this is going on ,, when you can sit and watch videos on you tube and twitch you can view players v players and listen to all that are doing the skype talking, so ya it does happen so they need to switch it up,, a player shouldn't have to wait for the last second to cast a spell,

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Spectators can not see what you are playing ahead of time thus enabling your opponent to counter it, I do not care if they use skype!

Spectators can only relay what card you played after both you and your opponent have already picked, so for example they can tell if it was enchanted and with what, but so can your opponent after the fact if they know their spell damages!

Explorer
Oct 29, 2010
Jasmine3429 on Jan 15, 2018 wrote:
Spectators can not see what you are playing ahead of time thus enabling your opponent to counter it, I do not care if they use skype!

Spectators can only relay what card you played after both you and your opponent have already picked, so for example they can tell if it was enchanted and with what, but so can your opponent after the fact if they know their spell damages!
bull they can too , you can and I know for a fact you can, so try a different story line, the only way they can not counter your attack is if you do the count down to almost the last second, and they should put a timer in rank and practive also, and the death spam on negative 90 can not be cast like they do and the cast to bring you back should be limited also, or if that's the case they should have also schools have the negative 90 cards ,this game is stupid anymore how they have it.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
germany67 on Jan 18, 2018 wrote:
bull they can too , you can and I know for a fact you can, so try a different story line, the only way they can not counter your attack is if you do the count down to almost the last second, and they should put a timer in rank and practive also, and the death spam on negative 90 can not be cast like they do and the cast to bring you back should be limited also, or if that's the case they should have also schools have the negative 90 cards ,this game is stupid anymore how they have it.
try spectating a match and you will see for yourself you will not see anyones cards until both sides have picked!

Explorer
Oct 29, 2010
Jasmine3429 on Jan 24, 2018 wrote:
try spectating a match and you will see for yourself you will not see anyones cards until both sides have picked!
I'm sorry but yes I have spect, and yes they do skype with their friends, and I know I am on twitch, and on twitter and you tube and all your live videos prove it also,, and they need to put a timmer on rank like they do the tourney, and make a rank match fare for all to level up, and have it as a turn base also for ranking that would even be better yet,

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
Kingsisle please don't listen to this thread. No reason for timers, actual important information on what needs to be issues is down below in several threads. And to you Germany, you are blind to the truth. No one can see your cards for an advantage, they can only see while your mid casting.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
germany67 on Jan 10, 2018 wrote:
you all need to fix the pvp arena, this is ridiculous, you make it so others can view what your card is that is playing and I think you need to make it so people can not see the players cards, to many are cheap cheaters, and use skype or just go in and tell their friends what to play to counter your cast, if your on a team only team mates should see what your going to cast so the team can tell you how to help them when your in a team, other then that make it so no one but the player can see what your cast is, its ridiculous when an honest play wants to rank up but cant cause of cheap cheaters , fix it or I'm just gonna be done playing this game all together,
In 1v1 there is no way for the other player to know which card you pick, they might be great at PVP and predict what your next move is but unless you are telling him what you are gonig to do next there is no way.

In 2v2,3v3 and 4v4 there is possible to cheat if you get one of their team mates on your team. But if you think one of your team mates are providing information to the other team, report them.

Level 45 and level 35

Survivor
May 11, 2014
I have had it with pvp…. I am going against a lvl 40fire with 2k health to my 12 balance with not even 1k health and she had full commander gear with an double resist and triple damage pet on then on top of that she went first....why??? I am sooo mad at this game it feels like nothing is being done to fix this and I wasted yes WASTED so much money on this game. I am sick and tired with this unbalance pvp why on Earth wizard101 puts me at a lvl 40 then go first lost in the 5 round. I am for real when I say this I am about to stop playing this game. I wont be the only one! Wizard 101 can contact me at my email to show me some level of appreciation that they care!