Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting ranks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
So...I think that there should be a pretty decent amount of supplies to at least get crafting ranks because I can't even get past the Dragonspyre quest without farming endlessly and I honestly don't want to do that because its really really boring I'd rather just buy the items that I need to use for crafting than craft them and eventually get the legendary rank of crafting because I farmed an hour just to get 1 reagent just to see that there's another crafting quest in Dragonspyre for crafting what would be nice is you can easily buy how ever much items you need then continue on with the crafting quests and the items you need for the crafting quests shouldn't be scarce

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
What reagent is that you're after?

If it's Diamond, then consider these sources:

• Bazaar
  • King Parsley Seeds
  • Transmuting (Creating the reagent using other common reagents such as Ores).
  • Farming Ores around numerous areas around the spiral including the Haunted Cave, Crab Alley & The Necropolis.
  • Frozen Fly Traps

Just to let you know, there's already a number of reagents that you can simply buy from the bazaar. The reason why the quests increases in difficulty is to not only give some amount of integrity to the badge earned, but also to the quest done. You can't expect to be given a quest to craft something and expect the same person to just hand out all the reagents to you.

If that's the case, then what's the point of the quest?

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Star Edward on Nov 16, 2017 wrote:
What reagent is that you're after?

If it's Diamond, then consider these sources:

• Bazaar
  • King Parsley Seeds
  • Transmuting (Creating the reagent using other common reagents such as Ores).
  • Farming Ores around numerous areas around the spiral including the Haunted Cave, Crab Alley & The Necropolis.
  • Frozen Fly Traps

Just to let you know, there's already a number of reagents that you can simply buy from the bazaar. The reason why the quests increases in difficulty is to not only give some amount of integrity to the badge earned, but also to the quest done. You can't expect to be given a quest to craft something and expect the same person to just hand out all the reagents to you.

If that's the case, then what's the point of the quest?

Its impossible to get diamonds in the bazaar literally someone sold 100 than instantly GONE

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
For Diamonds I grew lots of Frozen Fly Traps, Burning Snap Dragons, and Fickle Pickles. All of the plants listed below are available as free drops or can be bought for gold. Fickle pickles, frozen fly traps and dandelions self-seed, but the others don't.

The Frozen Fly Traps drop frost flowers, diamonds, and vine.

The Burning Snap Dragons drop acorns, black coal, black lotus, deep mushroom, diamonds, fossils, ghost fire, lava lily, nightshade, red mandrake, scrap iron, and stone block.

The Fickle Pickles drop acorn, aether, ancient scroll, aquamarine, blood moss, deep mushroom, diamonds, fire blossoms, fossils, frost flowers, golden pearls, grendelweed, lava lily, mistwood, nightshade, ore, parchment, pearls, red mandrake, sandstone, shells, springs, stone block, and sunstone.

A couple of other good plants for crafters that freely drop in the game:

Maelstrom Snap Dragons drop aether, aquamarine, fire blossom, fish fin, golden pearl, kelp, pristine vials, sandstone, sunstone, scales, shells, vine, and water lily. These drop regularly starting in Mooshu on up through Celestia, at least. I think you can also buy them for gold from the gardener moles in the higher worlds.

Pink Dandelions drop ancient scroll, black pearls, blood moss, bone, cat tail, crystal vial, lava lily and springs. They drop from the mander hall servants in the Krokosphinx.

Alia Misthaven