Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Archmage and Exalted duels? What to farm?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2017
Hi All,

So i have a level 86 ice who is currently in all avalon crafted gear.

I was just wondering which dungeons would be worthwhile to do for better gear? Are any of the archmage dungeons worthwhile or should i just wait until i am exalted?
If there are some good archmage dungeons, which ones are they? meow, krok, rattlebones etc? What should i be farming for?
I have a few various exalted and archmage duels laying around just unsure which ones i should be doing.
I am no stranger to farming, just i don't know what exactly i should be doing so need advice.

I'd like gear that has more crit block than what i do currently, more resist or the same amount of resist.

I don't really know what's out there or what i should be looking for so apologies for a bit of a vague post.

Or should i just wait until i'm exalted and do exalted dungeons, if so which ones?
Is there anything better than darkmoor once i reach level 100?

Thanks for reading.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
Having farmed nearly 100 total master, archmage and exalted dungeons, and 160 remaining to go (I farm mirror lake a lot and these duels drop there fairly regularly), I would say that, at least for myth, all of the dungeons have something worth farming. Generally archmage gear is in the 75-ish range, but the stats are pretty good. There are a bunch of fan sites (duelist101, swordsroll, etc) which have tried to compile all the drop lists, but it is a lot of data. It generally goes something like this: 1) for each boss duel there is usually NOT a complete gear set (hat robe boots) but usually one of them, and maybe a wand, ring, amulet that's good. 2) the gear falls into 3 tiers (good, better, more better) if that specific gear item is a drop by that boss. 3) The drop rate is all right in my opinion.

The lvl range of the archmage gear will still yield good stats at your lvl. There really isn't a downside to these duels. You get an upper lvl snack with every one, ultra seed (even with archmage) and the trophy can be fed to your pet for xp at almost a 50% rate in my experience.

Lately I have started hitting these duels again, have 30 or so trophies waiting for double pet xp and now I need to craft a seed vault because by shared bank is almost full of ultra seeds. I usually go into the Commons and ask if anyone wants to do "fill in duel name", and it usually doesn't take long to find a team.

For myth at least, the exalted gear (krok and bones) is better than darkmoor by just a fraction. I think the biggest thing about these duels is that there is almost a difficulty:payout ratio for each school. For myth the biggest payout for the difficulty is krok, bones, zues, meow in my opinion. Probably different for ice.

If you find some good gear from a certain boss, check to see if it is 1-2-3 as far as the 'tier' and go back until you get that gear at tier 1. If you need more dungeons, farm the lake, or I am generally looking for duel farming help.

Survivor
May 09, 2017
Stephen Wildshade on Oct 22, 2017 wrote:
Having farmed nearly 100 total master, archmage and exalted dungeons, and 160 remaining to go (I farm mirror lake a lot and these duels drop there fairly regularly), I would say that, at least for myth, all of the dungeons have something worth farming. Generally archmage gear is in the 75-ish range, but the stats are pretty good. There are a bunch of fan sites (duelist101, swordsroll, etc) which have tried to compile all the drop lists, but it is a lot of data. It generally goes something like this: 1) for each boss duel there is usually NOT a complete gear set (hat robe boots) but usually one of them, and maybe a wand, ring, amulet that's good. 2) the gear falls into 3 tiers (good, better, more better) if that specific gear item is a drop by that boss. 3) The drop rate is all right in my opinion.

The lvl range of the archmage gear will still yield good stats at your lvl. There really isn't a downside to these duels. You get an upper lvl snack with every one, ultra seed (even with archmage) and the trophy can be fed to your pet for xp at almost a 50% rate in my experience.

Lately I have started hitting these duels again, have 30 or so trophies waiting for double pet xp and now I need to craft a seed vault because by shared bank is almost full of ultra seeds. I usually go into the Commons and ask if anyone wants to do "fill in duel name", and it usually doesn't take long to find a team.

For myth at least, the exalted gear (krok and bones) is better than darkmoor by just a fraction. I think the biggest thing about these duels is that there is almost a difficulty:payout ratio for each school. For myth the biggest payout for the difficulty is krok, bones, zues, meow in my opinion. Probably different for ice.

If you find some good gear from a certain boss, check to see if it is 1-2-3 as far as the 'tier' and go back until you get that gear at tier 1. If you need more dungeons, farm the lake, or I am generally looking for duel farming help.
Hi, thanks for your reply, no idea when it was as the date seems all weird at least for me.

I've farmed rattlebones a lot, mainly for the masters, as something new to do, have so many exalteds now it's not funny.
Tried farming jade oni, and do go back to it every now and then but the drops seem to be a bit lacking there. My thoughts are to farm the particular individual for the duels.

Though when i do get up to level 100 i'd def want to get them all done, just find a decent team. I have a life friend that i'll be doing any and all exalted with, just need a couple that def know the cheats, that is a must and are switched on players. If you get my meaning.

There is lots of information out there, i'm getting a bit overwhelmed about what to farm persay, i guess it'll be clearer when i'm closer to the level and more relevant because i'll know what stats i need to be paying attention to.

Currently i feel like i'm throwing cash against the wall trying to get a spell proof defy pet with conviction on it lol :)