Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just Stop

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 20, 2015
***Steps on Soapbox***

Uhmm, Hello, Hello, Can I say something please?

Hello my fellow Wizz'is and KI staff. I would just like to say I love W101 and KI but I do have an issue. I am sure this has been addressed before but I have to bring it up again. Why oh why does KI continue to allow certain retailers to carry (or not carry in this case) their cards. Let me explain.

OK, I have never had any problem finding KI cards at Gamestop or BestBuy, however let's talk about WAL-MART... and Wal-Mart Exclusive Bundles. I live in a fairly large mid-west metropolitan city of about 1.5 million people. I have been to 14 Wal-Marts (5 off the LIST link) in four counties and not one...NOT ONE Wal-Mart carried any KI Cards. I take that back 1 did have the $10 W101/P101 card. I talked to the Department managers at many of them and they all said that they used to get them many years ago but they slowed down and then just stopped.

Recently I went to Visit some friends in Memphis TN. So I took the opportunity to visit a few local Wal-Marts. And so what did I find...??...well not any KI cards. Same problem there. So we have two different geographically separated Large Metropolitan cities with multiple Wal-Marts and Not a single KI card to be found. Now granted I am not being fair, I did not visit every Wal-Mart in both cities and I am sure that if I hunt and search long enough I will find that one special store with a KI card or two. So is this KI's fault, the distributor of the cards or Wal-Marts?

Well here is the solution.

All Cards should be available online and/or exclusive to Gamestop and BestBuy.

So all that being said, I did find the Fantastic Voyage Gauntlet and a couple other cards at a Wal-Mart about 2 hours south of me. Seems like a long way and a lot of gas to use for a card to get a code off of so I can play a game online. But it is what it is. Thanks for your attention. You may continue with your regular broadcast day.

BE AWESOME *** Steps off soapbox***

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
EEKS! I feel your pain, but I don't have a gameStop or BestBuy anywhere near me and our WalMart doesn't have anything but a membership card . . . there was one I wanted bad enough to shell out 40 dollars for but 60 mile trip wasn't going to work for me . . . and after hearing what all was in it, I came to my senses.

My point is: Make them accessible online because it is an online game . . . and if you can play it, you can get it online.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Walmart, Best Buy and Target in my area are doing away with online game cards. The nearest Gamestop is 20 miles away. It's a hassle to travel that far for one game card. I agree, all cards should be online.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
blood731635 on Jul 13, 2017 wrote:
***Steps on Soapbox***

Uhmm, Hello, Hello, Can I say something please?

Hello my fellow Wizz'is and KI staff. I would just like to say I love W101 and KI but I do have an issue. I am sure this has been addressed before but I have to bring it up again. Why oh why does KI continue to allow certain retailers to carry (or not carry in this case) their cards. Let me explain.

OK, I have never had any problem finding KI cards at Gamestop or BestBuy, however let's talk about WAL-MART... and Wal-Mart Exclusive Bundles. I live in a fairly large mid-west metropolitan city of about 1.5 million people. I have been to 14 Wal-Marts (5 off the LIST link) in four counties and not one...NOT ONE Wal-Mart carried any KI Cards. I take that back 1 did have the $10 W101/P101 card. I talked to the Department managers at many of them and they all said that they used to get them many years ago but they slowed down and then just stopped.

Recently I went to Visit some friends in Memphis TN. So I took the opportunity to visit a few local Wal-Marts. And so what did I find...??...well not any KI cards. Same problem there. So we have two different geographically separated Large Metropolitan cities with multiple Wal-Marts and Not a single KI card to be found. Now granted I am not being fair, I did not visit every Wal-Mart in both cities and I am sure that if I hunt and search long enough I will find that one special store with a KI card or two. So is this KI's fault, the distributor of the cards or Wal-Marts?

Well here is the solution.

All Cards should be available online and/or exclusive to Gamestop and BestBuy.

So all that being said, I did find the Fantastic Voyage Gauntlet and a couple other cards at a Wal-Mart about 2 hours south of me. Seems like a long way and a lot of gas to use for a card to get a code off of so I can play a game online. But it is what it is. Thanks for your attention. You may continue with your regular broadcast day.

BE AWESOME *** Steps off soapbox***
I have to disagree that all cards be exclusive to Gamestop and Best Buy. Although the Wal-Marts stores in many areas are no longer carrying W101/P101 cards, there are other stores that do. Not all towns have a Gamestop or Best Buy.
There are stores such as Dollar General that do have them and one of those is in some of the smaller towns.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
KI doesn't have any involvement in where the cards are distributed to the Walmart stores. Walmart agrees to buy the cards in bulk, BUT, it's up to Walmart to distribute them to their stores.

Not all stores will carry the cards. It depends on the supply and demand. If there are not enough customers buying the cards or customers that ask for the local Walmart store to carry the cards, then that store will not carry them. It also depends on the geographics in the area. If there is a Walmart store within a retirement community, then the W101 cards will probably not be sold there.

So, just to clarify, KI does not distribute the cards to the individual Walmart stores, Walmart (as a whole) does. Walmart is the one who picks and chooses which stores get what merchandise.

You might try writing to your local Walmart and ask them to carry the cards. If you have friends that would like to purchase from there, too, then ask them to write in. Many times, the store will start carrying items that are being requested.

Hope this helps!

Explorer
Sep 25, 2012
If anyone's curious, sadly, the Wal-Marts in Houston, TX and Mobile, AL are also lacking in W101 cards (I was travelling). The nearest place to me that had any was a Gamestop in Orange Park, FL that had several bundles, including the Olympian and Atlantean. As those two have been retired, would I get the bundles if I bought the cards?

Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
At least you live in the US and can get bundles and cards from game shops

Jonathan DawnHunter