Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Main Story Quests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 24, 2017
So I just got to level twenty, and now I have two main quests instead of one,, there is General Admission, where it is mostly based off of Krokotopia. Then, I have I'm With the Band, which is my new main quest, I'm assuming is based off of Grizzleheim. And now I don't know which one I should finish first,,? I don't know if I should've finished the main quest for Krokotopia before I got the new main quest,, I just need help.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Grizzleheim is a side world and not part of the main quest line. The experience points gained there are minimal, but the drops are worth a lot more gold. While it's technically considered "optional," it's key to getting many of your later spells and school pets. So you should do it, but you have your choice on when to start.

You will be invited to Grizzleheim at levels 20 (Savaarstad), 25 (Vigrid), 35 (Mirkholm Keep), 40 (Nidavellir), and 45 (Ravenscar); and to Wintertusk at level 45 as soon as you finish Ravenscar.

At level 35, completing Mirkholm Keep in Grizzleheim will lead you to a utility spell. At level 55, completing Sudriland in Wintertusk/Grizzleheim will lead you to another utility spell, plus unlock many other utility spells in later worlds. At level 58, completing Nordriland will lead you to getting a school pet ... plus unlock all later school pet quests.

Grizzleheim is a quite a bit more challenging, with stronger mobs than Krokotopia. If you like that sort of thing, do it now. If you'd rather take it easy, start the Grizzleheim quests around level 35-40.

For Wintertusk, though it's offered as early as level 45, due to the extreme challenge I'd suggest waiting at least until you get your level 48 spell before you try it. In addition to spells and school pets, Wintertusk does provide a massive experience boost, and the drops from some of the bosses there sell for so much gold that even level 120 wizards still go back to fight "the Bank of Halfang."

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Freshta on Jun 7, 2017 wrote:
Grizzleheim is a side world and not part of the main quest line. The experience points gained there are minimal, but the drops are worth a lot more gold. While it's technically considered "optional," it's key to getting many of your later spells and school pets. So you should do it, but you have your choice on when to start.

You will be invited to Grizzleheim at levels 20 (Savaarstad), 25 (Vigrid), 35 (Mirkholm Keep), 40 (Nidavellir), and 45 (Ravenscar); and to Wintertusk at level 45 as soon as you finish Ravenscar.

At level 35, completing Mirkholm Keep in Grizzleheim will lead you to a utility spell. At level 55, completing Sudriland in Wintertusk/Grizzleheim will lead you to another utility spell, plus unlock many other utility spells in later worlds. At level 58, completing Nordriland will lead you to getting a school pet ... plus unlock all later school pet quests.

Grizzleheim is a quite a bit more challenging, with stronger mobs than Krokotopia. If you like that sort of thing, do it now. If you'd rather take it easy, start the Grizzleheim quests around level 35-40.

For Wintertusk, though it's offered as early as level 45, due to the extreme challenge I'd suggest waiting at least until you get your level 48 spell before you try it. In addition to spells and school pets, Wintertusk does provide a massive experience boost, and the drops from some of the bosses there sell for so much gold that even level 120 wizards still go back to fight "the Bank of Halfang."

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven
Just wanted to correct your mistake, access to Ravenscar is unlocked at lvl 40 not 45

Survivor
Aug 11, 2014
SlyEden on Jun 7, 2017 wrote:
So I just got to level twenty, and now I have two main quests instead of one,, there is General Admission, where it is mostly based off of Krokotopia. Then, I have I'm With the Band, which is my new main quest, I'm assuming is based off of Grizzleheim. And now I don't know which one I should finish first,,? I don't know if I should've finished the main quest for Krokotopia before I got the new main quest,, I just need help.
Well what I did way back when was... Wizard City - Dragonspyre Then after than I did Grizzleheim and Wintertusk (Which is a struggle if you are an ice lol)

Hope this helps

<Logan Goldcatcher lvl 83>

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
General admission is the main quest, so you can do that if you only care about finishing the storyline, while the other quest is the main quest for Grizzleheim, but it isn't required since Grizzleheim is a side world. However, I HIGHLY recommend you do both, since, as Freshta mentioned, it will lead to new spells and pet quests. And, correct me if I'm wrong, you need to complete these pet/spell quests to get more of them later on from your teacher. So doing it is nearly essential. Plus Wintertusk gives tons of XP and gold to help you through the game. You don't need it to start it right away though, since its usefulness doesn't really kick in untill lvl 35-45.

TL;DR
You only need to do Krokotopia, but Grizzleheim is so important I would treat it as a main quest/world as well.