Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sunstone?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I noticed sunstone, is rare, besides the transmutate recipe. Where can I get lots of sandstone and stone blocks? The bazaar sells out quickly. :) Thanks, I just craft in my spare time it not a major thing for me as gt clothes from drops or the occasional bought crown item not all the time to save money.

Regards from Mary Windstrider

P.S Is transmutate sunstone still available? or I just have to do it on my fire to give to my other characters?

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Mary WindStrider on Jan 14, 2017 wrote:
I noticed sunstone, is rare, besides the transmutate recipe. Where can I get lots of sandstone and stone blocks? The bazaar sells out quickly. :) Thanks, I just craft in my spare time it not a major thing for me as gt clothes from drops or the occasional bought crown item not all the time to save money.

Regards from Mary Windstrider

P.S Is transmutate sunstone still available? or I just have to do it on my fire to give to my other characters?
Transmute sunstone is available in MooShu ( Dragonspyre or Celestia, it's been so long since I had to do that ). I usually run through Crab Alley a lot for stone blocks.
You can also garden for sunstone - I've got a couple from Trumpet Vine or Snapdragon ( I think the storm based one is what you want. )

Survivor
Nov 21, 2012
The fastest way I can recommend is hanging out at the bazaar (stinks sometimes but it's great if you get lucky)

If you have access (or have a friend let you port) to the outside of Shadow Palace then I would definitely recommend this spot. There's always (I think) about 3 or 4 stone block and ore per realm and you can just realm hop to get more.

As for sandstone and sunstone, you can probably check out Zafaria but they're harder to find. If you ever start a garden of Evil Magma Peas you'll get so much sandstone and sunstone that you'll never run out again XD

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
waterangel501 on Jan 15, 2017 wrote:
The fastest way I can recommend is hanging out at the bazaar (stinks sometimes but it's great if you get lucky)

If you have access (or have a friend let you port) to the outside of Shadow Palace then I would definitely recommend this spot. There's always (I think) about 3 or 4 stone block and ore per realm and you can just realm hop to get more.

As for sandstone and sunstone, you can probably check out Zafaria but they're harder to find. If you ever start a garden of Evil Magma Peas you'll get so much sandstone and sunstone that you'll never run out again XD
I'll second the Bazaar. While it sells fast there, it also frequently appears there.

In addition to what waterangel501 mentioned, you will also get sunstone from time to time by feeding gear to your pet. I can't provide good evidence of this, but I suspect the gear needs a high minimum level to return sunstone.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
waterangel501 on Jan 15, 2017 wrote:

I figured it out. I'm grandmaster artisan on my life and death wizard now. Legendary artisan requires congo drum for my fire. Crown shop sells sandstone and stone block i think. No room on my fire wizard to garden anymore. Yet I think I'm grandmaster gardener too now which is the highest i can get.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Where can you find lots of Sand and sunstones?
Floating Mountains (for those who can get there; or can teleport to a friend there)

What's the best way to collect or farm sand/sunstones in the Floating Mountains?

• Start at the Floating Mountains Teleporter
  • Walk to the last island (look on the map, and see all the islands to the left, and head in that direction)
  • When you get to the last island and have found all the visible sandstones, change Realms
  • Walk back to the teleporter
  • Change Realms again
  • Repeat process until you have all the sand/sunstones you want or need
What's the best way to collect sand/sunstones in the Floating Mountains?
  • Search as many visible areas as you can as you move forward
  • Collect 15 sandstones at a time (that's how many you need to transmute one sunstone)
  • Continue collecting or take a break ever 15 sandstones; if this makes sense
What's cool about clicking on sandstones?Sometimes you also collect sunstones in the process
Good luck collecting sand and sunstones!

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
I planted deadly helephant ears and received a lot of sandstone and pearls. Hope this helps.