Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Test Realms

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2015
Ok, so you know the test realms, right? You know how you are the same level you are in normal W101? Well I think you should always be the last level ex. before mirage you would be 110 even if you are like a level 35. Then, you would actually get to test it. Just a thought! I think it would be great if you can add this to wizard101!
~Victoria DarkGem 47

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
QuartzRock on Dec 13, 2016 wrote:
Ok, so you know the test realms, right? You know how you are the same level you are in normal W101? Well I think you should always be the last level ex. before mirage you would be 110 even if you are like a level 35. Then, you would actually get to test it. Just a thought! I think it would be great if you can add this to wizard101!
~Victoria DarkGem 47
Uh, No. A level 35 should NOT be able to test new content that is not geared to that level or within range. There is a lot of difference between those levels and it would create more chaos in the game if you have inexperienced wizards in areas that are beyond their current abilities.

Just like the rest of us, if you want to test new content, then level up in the normal manner to max before the next world is in test.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
QuartzRock on Dec 13, 2016 wrote:
~Victoria DarkGem 47
Ok, lets say this does happen (which I am not against) how would they balance gear? walking around with mount olpymus gear in mirage would not get you very far.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Before adding new content to test realm and exact copy of the live environment is made, then the new content added. This is generally done with new developments to ensure both environments are stating at the same place so any new issue introduced by the update can be identified and are not muddied by problems introduced by making changes such as the one you proposed.

It would just be bad development practices to level you wizard in the test realm as this is not part of the update code.