Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Let's be honest, as a Storm, PVP is just not fair.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 17, 2011
This: marks each problem that I believe should be addressed.

First of all, The new update to the PVP Critical System. This update now instead of dealing double the damage on a critical, deals 25% more damage on a critical. This is a terrible idea, the school of storm relies on damage and critical in PVP, now, the critical means virtually nothing because it's even worse than our storm blade which already is only DECENT to increase damage. Without the damage, Storm is just a really bad school, I mean our health sucks, our accuracy sucks, our resistance sucks, and our block sucks. Storm WAS a glass cannon. But now it's even worse than it already was in PVP. I'm only asking that the critical is increased to something that all of the schools can work with, like maybe at least change the multiplier to 1.70 or 1.75, that's 70% - 75% increase in damage, which sounds like a balanced sweet spot for all of the schools. Next issue is the Health. There are 7 schools, 2 of which are over-powered, 4 of which are balanced, and 1 of which is just straight up bad in PVP. This is why. The four balanced schools have around the same health which is 5.5k health. The overpowered schools are Ice and Balance. Ice has INSANE health, defense, and block, around 7K!!! Balance is a little different, not really with health but just in its own way, I won't talk about that now. So imagine this, I start a 1v1 ranked PVP match as a storm and I'm battling an Ice. I might as well just flee and not waste my time. Storm only has basic attacks that deal a lot but to make it worse, Ice has shields, resist, and block. I mean, Storm is the opposite in damage and resist, critical and block. So Ice can defend just fine against our school, they don't even have to shield, so they can just stack blades and traps (Not to mention their blades and traps are way better than Storm's). Now as a storm I don't have many options here, so I go by my instincts, I start blading, couple rounds go by and my opponent has about the same blades as me. but wait, my opponent uses tower shield, or just a regular storm shield. What do I do now??!! Our school has NO DAMAGE OVER TIME, it can't even HIT TWO TIMES with a spell. Suddenly I'm panicking, I use Storm owl to try and get the most done, luckily, I critical... The animation goes on, the majestic owl comes from the Storm heavens, then.... My critical is blocked, my blades and the Ice's shields brake and I deal 400 damage. GG, rip me. Then the Ice uses Abominable Weaver and already gets a whopping 75% TOWER SHIELD. Well, at this point I already know I'm dead. The Ice gets a critical on me by the way and regardless their damage sucks, the Weaver deals 5k damage, I don't block, and since our health is so low, it kills us. There is no balance in this, just 't doesn't work. Now, I realize my PVP rating is 98 after trying so hard many times, and I decide to write a post on these problems. There are more problems, but these a few. Please listen to us KI!

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
I disagree with changing critical; Critical hurt storm as much as it helped it and increasing critical is not what the Storm school needs. As one of the few Storm Warlords who has maintained that rank through all 3 ages through only ranked 1v1 I am well aware that our school has consistently been low tier since the very beginning of the game. What Storm needs is some utility, some consistency, a little bit more health and a move away from RNG mechanics.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Eric Stormbringer on Oct 17, 2016 wrote:
I disagree with changing critical; Critical hurt storm as much as it helped it and increasing critical is not what the Storm school needs. As one of the few Storm Warlords who has maintained that rank through all 3 ages through only ranked 1v1 I am well aware that our school has consistently been low tier since the very beginning of the game. What Storm needs is some utility, some consistency, a little bit more health and a move away from RNG mechanics.
true (increase to critical) tick of some of others players (reason why hate,why I hate) most people complain others stat on wizard others school go throw with! don't need high critical (high armor pierce) always prims (dare try use storm immunity) forget put in there shadow shrike but I am glad nerf critical (pvp should be more for to tank wizard) want to use "resist"

why people think unfair that armor pierce seem unfair (overpower) unfair against immunity (wouldn't be spending mine making earning money make dumb good resist pet) others school going ruin every stat in the game (reason why rank booster in pvp) now easy to win even for people not RICH as OTHERS they can't afford thing make good pets to buy pet snack because waste of pet snack and waste energy twice more because pet training/gardening your plants!

people complain want pvp (pay to win not pay to lose)

reason why want a new world of PVP Arena World (earn rank points) for question for doing PVP and new quest diego tell about more pvp on others spells & more, defeat is rank pvp challenge boss as wizard dummy (set up challenge) give 1-5 star how powerful dummy wizard are private to warlord! get awards (win 3 star) under how well good of win the match (1 challenge each 1 star get all 3 star pass the challenge) every each match & challenge!

for example:

set match wizard to private (easy) show 1 means: match be easy

get 3 star challenge (tell what to do) won't be easy won't be funs (challenge of get 3 star) cost limit (not to use)
1st stardefeat private ice more 1,000 damage without critical
2nd stardefeat private ice less then 5 rounds
3rd star1 shield against private ice before defeating before

do not pass challenge well (get less awards)

Survivor
Oct 17, 2011
You know, I totally agree, but I think it will be easier for the storm school to be upgraded, rather than fixing all the other schools, the critical system has always been a problem in PVP. I think we can all agree on that.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2011
Also, let me correct myself, Ice Wizards don't have 7k they have 9K sorry for the mistake. Btw, forgot to mention their resist is typically around 70%? Sounds about right.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2011
So sorry, forgot to mention the balance school in PVP, should we start a new message board about that?

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
garrett9939 on Oct 19, 2016 wrote:
Also, let me correct myself, Ice Wizards don't have 7k they have 9K sorry for the mistake. Btw, forgot to mention their resist is typically around 70%? Sounds about right.
Ice does not generally have 9k health and they do have high resist but are you sure it's that high. Ice is not known to have high damage and if their stats are that high defensively then their damage will most likely not be that high.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
frostednutella on Oct 20, 2016 wrote:
Ice does not generally have 9k health and they do have high resist but are you sure it's that high. Ice is not known to have high damage and if their stats are that high defensively then their damage will most likely not be that high.
Frostednutella is actually mostly correct on this issue. Ice is not carrying 9k health, they are typically between 7k-7.5k health and their resist is typically 64%-68%. That being said their offensive stats are similarly high, running 90-100% damage boost and 35%+ pierce.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Eric Stormbringer on Oct 20, 2016 wrote:
Frostednutella is actually mostly correct on this issue. Ice is not carrying 9k health, they are typically between 7k-7.5k health and their resist is typically 64%-68%. That being said their offensive stats are similarly high, running 90-100% damage boost and 35%+ pierce.
ice do carry 9000 heath

but base heath of your ice wizard be least 4300 (then able to get it) be around 9,042 heath use "correct gear" don't forget about heath jewel" they also help too! base heath should not able go any lower then heath +4300 lost add of +42 heath then (then ice wizard only have 9000) *use correct gear*

I know the gear to get 9000 heath for ice wizard (might be harder to get) some of dungeon or boss mostly harder so, cheat be little more "dangerous" aka graveyard skeletal key boss (he hard) kingsisle should nerf him little bit since critical was nerf and what not?