Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-5-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Happy Friday, Wizards! In such that it is, let's chat about something else, shall we?

This week, we launched our Summer Update! We're really excited to bring you a lot of cool features we think you'll like. I know I asked this about our Test Realm run, but since the changes are now available for everyone, I'll ask again. What one Summer Update item are you most excited about?

Me - I'm really jazzed about a lot of things, but I love the combat UI changes the most. It's so much easier to keep track of what's going on when you're battling. I'm looking forward to hear what you all have to say!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Thank you for asking Professor Falma!

While I'm getting used to the new Friend's List, I'm loving the higher level gear with may cast spells, new owl pet, new Loremaster Spells, fishing quests, skeleton key badges, and getting to meet and do Brandon's quest.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2011
I love how lower level wizards can no longer team up in the loremaster dungeon. I was tired of doing the dungeon filled with noobs and don't do anything but show late and shield spam only themselves.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Survivor
Aug 15, 2013
I am most excited for the level 50 elixir and I know some people feel the same way but when I went to purchase it, it would not let me even though I was below level 50 and had another level 50 account. I tried to figure out why but could not find out why. So I'm wondering if its some kind of bug since its new?

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
I'm a level 102 myth wizard and also am maxed out in crafting. I'm excited for crafting the Athena Battle Sight spell, however I have stumbled across a problem. Although most the reagents for the Athena recipe are difficult to come by and in large quantities, I can get them. The problem is that in order to craft it, I need ten Athena Battle Sight treasure cards, which are almost impossible to get without packs. There are only three methods of getting these cards. One is loremaster, which doesn't need crafting in the first place, but the odds are way too low of getting it. Another is buying the pack (or 5), which again defeats the purpose of crafting, and the last is to hope that someone is silly enough to put these on the bazaar, which will happen with time.

My feedback is to have a way of getting these treasure cards (not just Athena, the others too) through either crafting or drops from an Aquila creature. Take the loremaster card for example, that one has the treasure card recipe too. Maybe have Hades, Poseidon, or Cronus drop these cards, heck, even the exalted duel versions will be a good start. Sorry if this was the wrong place to put this input.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
I like a lot of the changes as well but the new lag problem must go first as I have not been able to enjoy the game at 10fps or less. That being said I was still able to craft the new fire spell. I also look forward to the new make a wish boss as well. Another thing I like is epic enhancement spell and he other astral spells.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Aug 5, 2016 wrote:
Happy Friday, Wizards! In such that it is, let's chat about something else, shall we?

This week, we launched our Summer Update! We're really excited to bring you a lot of cool features we think you'll like. I know I asked this about our Test Realm run, but since the changes are now available for everyone, I'll ask again. What one Summer Update item are you most excited about?

Me - I'm really jazzed about a lot of things, but I love the combat UI changes the most. It's so much easier to keep track of what's going on when you're battling. I'm looking forward to hear what you all have to say!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
New Spells!!

Hope you had a nice weekend in the heat

Survivor
Oct 14, 2015
Hello! I really like the new Tournaments for gold feature. Although, I did not know there were any UI changes. Could someone perhaps point them out. Everything looks the same to me.

Defender
May 02, 2015
It's not an item, but members being able to play gold for tournaments as well as the second chance role. Makes me think about making another account a member. Good call. Also, mixed feelings about the level 50 elixir, but I think the pros outweigh the cons.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
As fishing is primarily what I did during Test, and mostly what I've done since the updates went live, I really enjoy the new Winnow spells for ranks. One thing I noticed however (which I don't recall happening in Test) is when I am fishing in the Botanical Gardens house trying to get the Grape Jellyfish, the lures seem to hover above the water now. It's difficult to tell where they are in relation to the fish when they aren't in the water.

Hero
May 07, 2015
hello professor! i love the new spells and the blade shower thing AND (lol) the new spells

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
Stormdracon on Aug 6, 2016 wrote:
Hello! I really like the new Tournaments for gold feature. Although, I did not know there were any UI changes. Could someone perhaps point them out. Everything looks the same to me.
The friends list is a big one

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Hate to admit it but the teleport stones to Drum Jungle and Elephant Graveyard are really what tied this update together for me. Should have been done before adding fish to all the waters of ZF!

Tournaments for gold and Aegis/Indemnity come in a close second.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Falmea on Aug 5, 2016 wrote:

Where do I begin?

Well, I really love the addition of badges to all 7 past Skeleton Key secret bosses, because that's what I've been asking for time to time, & now, it's made a reality! All Skeleton Key secret bosses should have badges, & thanks to this update, I'm very happy! Thanks a lot, with joy!! I have obtained almost all badges from them. Presently, I have the Upper Halls secret boss to go, & I'll still get that badge from him!

My thanks once again on making that a reality in this update! And still, keep up with making more Skeleton Key secret bosses! Hope we get to see more next time!

Now, If In'Zhizor from Lower Zigazag could have dialogue, like how the other Skeleton Key bosses do, I would be really happy with that. Maybe to a later update, we could have that made a reality, too? I would like that made, if you've some time to go back and do so.

Now, to the Make-A-Wish quest Brandon made, it's very amazing! Another wish made come true from another Make-A-Wish participant! That really gave us a bit more max-level Wizards to do. The only disappointment with it, there's no badge awarded by completing Brandon's Make-A-Wish quest. I submitted the badge's name, "Dragonhorn Disciple", in the Test Realm boards while it was on Test, & was bummed to not see it made into Live. Hope you've time to do that someday.

Plus, I really like those other changes, like streamlining quests in CL & ZF, E.G.. I would really like the kind of streamlining to be done to more worlds, like, Avalon, Azteca, & even Khrysalis. There's so many quests that need streamlining, & some made into separate side quests to better get to the main story parts in the 2nd arc, especially about Morganthe.

There is one thing, though, about the new Arcanum Astral Spells. Some may need updating, like, Epic upped to 325 or 350 damage, E.G.. I like them, yet, they still need little changes to be a bit more suited to their proper significance.

My enormous thanks to all the changes done in the Summer Update!

Administrator
Flamegod645 - The level 50 needs to be on the same account. If it is, please contact our customer service department to look into your troubles.

BigBoss1029 - We'll check into that.

Pyle1197 - Our update on Wednesday morning should have fixed the majority of the lag issues, if you're still having trouble, let us know.

Everyone else, thanks as always for the feedback! We like to know what you like! A new topic shall be posted shortly.

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Defender
Mar 08, 2011
Professor Falmea on Aug 12, 2016 wrote:
Flamegod645 - The level 50 needs to be on the same account. If it is, please contact our customer service department to look into your troubles.

BigBoss1029 - We'll check into that.

Pyle1197 - Our update on Wednesday morning should have fixed the majority of the lag issues, if you're still having trouble, let us know.

Everyone else, thanks as always for the feedback! We like to know what you like! A new topic shall be posted shortly.
Thank you, when I wrote the post I did not realize that loremaster also dropped the treasure cards as a wizard101 wiki was incomplete. I would however like all the loremaster treasure cards to be craftable though, not just loremaster.